Bound for Glory

Those of you who have seen this movie, I'd like your opinion. Some friends say they think Voight played Rupp as a racist in the film, that Rupp was NOT a racist, and that it wasn't fair. I don't know anything about Rupp, but I saw the movie, thought the Rupp/Voight character was a hard-nosed guy who would be hard to get along with, but didn't see him as overtly racist. He played an all white team in a racist SEC, but I didn't see him as a particular advocate of the "black guy can't play basketball" (can you believe people actually SAID that?) school of thought. Anyone who saw the movie, what conclusion did you draw?

Those of you who have seen this movie, I'd like your opinion.  Some friends say they think Voight played Rupp as a racist in the film, that Rupp was NOT a racist, and that it wasn't fair.  I don't know anything about Rupp, but I saw the movie, thought the Rupp/Voight character was a hard-nosed guy who would be hard to get along with, but didn't see him as overtly racist. He played an all white team in a racist SEC, but I didn't see him as a particular advocate of the "black guy can't play basketball" (can you believe people actually SAID that?) school of thought. Anyone who saw the movie, what conclusion did you draw?

597787[/snapback]

It's actually called "Glory Road". (Bound for Glory was the reality show with Butkus on ESPN.)

I was going to see it until I read Bill Simmons article on ESPN.com. I am a Sports Guy junkie and always read him. Check it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060201

Saw the movie and felt it was an excellant movie! Rupp at first comes of that way but at the end there are some close-ups that show a different look on his face. I think the try to portray him as walking the southern line back then but believing something different. There is a scene with Rupps' wife that shows that maybe he wasn't. Either way I really enjoyed the movie and recommend it to anyone. Make sure to stick around at the end after the credits as they interview the players including Riley and the coach Haskins. Do know that some has been embelished for the movie but nonetheless it is a good movie! Enjoy.