Carolina-Duke Tonight

eball

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take the lesser of two evils here and go with Vitale.

598577[/snapback]

Years ago, Vitale was the best there was. He seemingly watched every college hoop game played...it was incredible. Plus he brought a ton of energy and enthusiasm to the game.

Unfortunately, he has become a paradoy of himself (a la Madden and Emeril). He HAS to have a diaper-dandy and a Windex man in every game...it sucks so hard it blows. His act has gotten so old, it has mold growing on it.

But, he still knows his hoop and that comes through even when he's doing shtick.

I've never been a Packer fan, but he, too, knows the game. I think he's actually gotten a little better over the years. Maybe I jut got used to him.

Who was the other big name that was Packer's nemesis? Was it Al McGuire? Anyway, there wee three distinct styles but, unlike in most sports, these guys REALLY knew the game. They may have been hard to listen to, at times, but if you listened, you learned.

Raferty, Digger Phelps and others also do a decent enough job. I don't really like any of them but the put the Theisman's of the world to shame. Compared to the NFL analysts, College hoops guys are actually tolerable, IMO.

...and they play who?????? :lol:

598464[/snapback]

[/quote

University of Tennessee, Clemson, Jacksonville, and A-Sun conference. Been to the dance in two of the last three years losing by a basket to Wake Forest in year one and Cincinnatti in year two. Hoping to see them go further this year.

Years ago, Vitale was the best there was.  He seemingly watched every college hoop game played...it was incredible.  Plus he brought a ton of energy and enthusiasm to the game.

Unfortunately, he has become a paradoy of himself (a la Madden and Emeril).  He HAS to have a diaper-dandy and a Windex man in every game...it sucks so hard it blows.  His act has gotten so old, it has mold growing on it.

But, he still knows his hoop and that comes through even when he's doing shtick.

I've never been a Packer fan, but he, too, knows the game.  I think he's actually gotten a little better over the years.  Maybe I jut got used to him.

Who was the other big name that was Packer's nemesis?  Was it Al McGuire?  Anyway, there wee three distinct styles but, unlike in most sports, these guys REALLY knew the game.  They may have been hard to listen to, at times, but if you listened, you learned.

Raferty, Digger Phelps and others also do a decent enough job.  I don't really like any of them but the put the Theisman's of the world to shame.  Compared to the NFL analysts, College hoops guys are actually tolerable, IMO.

598602[/snapback]

Raferty, Sean McD, and Bilas are the best crew out there IMHO.

...and they play who?????? :lol:

598464[/snapback]

[/quote

University of Tennessee, Clemson, Jacksonville, and A-Sun conference. Been to the dance in two of the last three years losing by a basket to Wake Forest in year one and Cincinnatti in year two. Hoping to see them go further this year.

598608[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong.....I'm sure they are a great team. I just wonder how well they would fair in a tougher conference. (ACC, Big East, Big 10) I think it is pretty safe to say they would not be leading the nation in scoring.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm sure they are a great team. I just wonder how well they would fair in a tougher conference. (ACC, Big East, Big 10) I think it is pretty safe to say they would not be leading the nation in scoring.

598616[/snapback]

I'm sure they wouldn't. I'm just hoping to see them get the bid for the A-Sun Conference and maybe sneak up on somebody big in round one. The Cincinnatti game was a heartstopper.

Agreed!!!!!!!!Course thats outside of Len Elmore doing a terp game :lol:

Last night we had Bobby Cremins doing the terp game, just awful.

598619[/snapback]

HA! Cremins blows. When he does a UNC game, I cringe every time I hear him talk about what "Nawrf" Carolina is doing.