The Fix is In?

Mickey

Keeping the sheep in the pen

I can't resist having some fun with this one :blush: :

The gelding of Senator Specter having been long ago accomplished, Rove is moving to jar the testicles of the remaining Republican Senators lest any vestige of Senatorial power survive. I guess it was only a matter of time before they started eating their own.

I predict that Republican Senators will pronounce their grave concerns over the NSA tapping accompanied by sober expressions of how troubled they are by the whole mess but in the end will do nothing about those grave concerns and willingly lay down to be snipped into submissive, weenie-less sycophants. I'd watch the hearings but I don't want my kids to stumble into the living room and accidentally see Senator Spector taking the chrome off of the Attorney General's trailer hitch.

Rather than spend all that money on senators, their elections, their staff, their gyms, their retirement packages and endless perks, we should just run down to staples and buy a sturdy rubber stamp for $1.95, send it to the White House and tell the Senators, all of them, to get real jobs. We are down to one branch of government hardly troubled by the straggly weeds the other branches have become.

And as for the Democratic Senators, shame on all of you for not providing a credible alternative, for failing to be able to ask a set of decent questions a first year prosecutor could write in his sleep.

I predict that Republican Senators will pronounce their grave concerns over the NSA tapping accompanied by sober expressions of how troubled they are by the whole mess but in the end will do nothing about those grave concerns and willingly lay down to be snipped into submissive, weenie-less sycophants.

597326[/snapback]

Scratch "Republican" from that sentence, and I agree with you. Democratic Senators aren't going to do jack sh-- over this issue...not when they can let it ride and milk it come election time.

Scratch "Republican" from that sentence, and I agree with you.  Democratic Senators aren't going to do jack sh-- over this issue...not when they can let it ride and milk it come election time.

597380[/snapback]

It is just like any other major issue (Social Security, Medicare, etc). If you solve the problem, you take away campaign issues. It is much better to allow the problem to exist than to fix it. :blush:

It is just like any other major issue (Social Security, Medicare, etc). If you solve the problem, you take away campaign issues. It is much better to allow the problem to exist than to fix it.  :blush:

597383[/snapback]

How sad. That is very likely true, and it makes me sick to death.

VOTE, but don't vote for anyone from the big two retard parties. That is our only hope it seems...

How sad. That is very likely true, and it makes me sick to death.

VOTE, but don't vote for anyone from the big two retard parties. That is our only hope it seems...

597391[/snapback]

Politics is great, isn't it? The people who you need to reform the system do not want to get involved. If you find someone who wants to get involved, they can't because of the biased election laws, specifically written to restrict anyone from outside the "Big Two" from having a chance.

Scratch "Republican" from that sentence, and I agree with you.  Democratic Senators aren't going to do jack sh-- over this issue...not when they can let it ride and milk it come election time.

597380[/snapback]

I'm not sure what they can do since they can't force real hearings, hell, they can't even force the witness to testify under oath.

That having been said, one thing they could do is at least question the AG like they mean it. It won't happen.