Did Did Mularkey prefer Whisenhunt over Clemens?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that when Mularkey was hired as the Bills coach, Whisenhunt was his choice to be oc, but that TD wanted Clemens. Any truth to this? This might explain the coldness between Mularkey and Clemens. Clemens and Whisenhunt were both on the Steelers' staff with Mularkey.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that when Mularkey was hired as the Bills coach, Whisenhunt was his choice to be oc, but that TD wanted Clemens. Any truth to this? This might explain the coldness between Mularkey and Clemens. Clemens and Whisenhunt were both on the Steelers' staff with Mularkey.

596690[/snapback]

Mularkey wanted Whisenhunt, but before he could get him Cower lassoed (pun intended) him and he stayed in Pitt.

If its true, Mularky is an idiot. Clemens is a way better pitcher then Wisenhunt will ever be. Does Wisenhunt even play baseball, Clemens has all those records and Cy Young awards, no wonder TD wanted him.

Oh, this was a discussion about OC's? Sorry, I thought it was a Bills office baseball pool they were having.

Sorry for being a jerk, I just had to do it, Its Clements, not Clemens