The 12th man

The Superbowl was basically a home game for the Steelers...Where was the 12th man for the Seahawks? I mean, I litterally saw 10 seattle fans shown during the game, and I swear they showed one guy twice

You'd think the first time your team makes it to the big one, the fanbase would be a little bit more eager to be there

Especially after all the hype about how great their 12th man fan base is. The Seahawks bandwagon is a rickety one at best.

RTB

596205[/snapback]

To be fair there isn't a team's fan base in the NFL that travels like the Steelers fans. Any team against them in a SB is going to basically be on the road unless they're fortunate enough to be playing in their home city.

The Superbowl was basically a home game for the Steelers...Where was the 12th man for the Seahawks? I mean, I litterally saw 10 seattle fans shown during the game, and I swear they showed one guy twice

You'd think the first time your team makes it to the big one, the fanbase would be a little bit more eager to be there

596192[/snapback]

You must also take into account the size of fan base. The 12th man in Seattle was extraordinary this season. No attempt should be made to belittle that.

That said, outside of Seattle, the Hawks don't have much of a following. They don't have the "bandwagon" that a team like Pitt can get. Pitt is an "old time" successful team. They have a much larger following outside of Pittsburgh than Seattle could hope for.

This goes back to the whole unexplainable Stealers craze that has overtaken so many metro areas around the country.

I hate Stealers fans. It is hard to get a sports bar to agree to host a Bills Backers group -- just in case the Pittsburgh fans show up. We have something like three Black & Yellow groups here, and it is so damn annoying. I was cheering against Pitt just because of their fans.

Also compare economies - I'm willing to bet that the average income in WA is greater than that in PA.  I think that the Seahawks "fans" probably could have afforded a flight.

596324[/snapback]

And I'm willing to bet a might bit smarter. :doh:

I went to two Bills SBs(the last two) and may be tainted by the losses, and only paid face for the tickets, but if I had the chance for a third would most likely pass. I would rather spend the money on the championship game, and next game will go back to Buffalo instead of the Super Bowl site..

I mean, the average Seatle fan was prolly looking at $10,000 for two people, thats a whole lotta cake for a football game

Especially after all the hype about how great their 12th man fan base is. The Seahawks bandwagon is a rickety one at best.

RTB

596205[/snapback]

The Bills played 4 Super Bowls against 4 very popular teams, and were well represented. The Seabags 12th man didn't show up.

Because there's no such thing as a rabid C-Skwaq fan. Seriously. The city is famous for coffee and grunge. The most recognizable person from there blew his head off with birdshot and the second most is the planet's richest dufus.

Seattle is a goofy place. Which explains why Debbie is so comfortable there.