WORST CALL THAT WENT AGAINST PITT?

SDS

I was listening to the local sports station here in Beantown on my way into work this morning.  A guy called in (Pats fan) and said that while the offciating was bad in this game, it was nothing compared to the way the Pats got robbed by the officials in the Denver game.  I came very close to driving my car into a tree.  Typical Pats fan...still complaining about the officiating in a game where his team had 5 turnovers.  Maybe he was complaining that they usually get all the calls.  I hate this town.

596171[/snapback]

Could be worse. Could live in mullet (Pitt/Phi) country.

They were drunk and lighting off fireworks last night.

Could be worse. Could live in mullet (Pitt/Phi) country.

They were drunk and lighting off fireworks last night.

596507[/snapback]

:doh::lol:

Lock up the farm animals and stand guard with the 12 gauge!

I can't wait till the Bills lay a whooping on the Bears next year. I just can't wait to shut these over rated punks up here.

THere was the one where Ben got the first down by 1 yard, but they moved it back, so that he got the first down by 1 foot.

595915[/snapback]

I think they marked it where his knee was down, rather than the ball. I noticed the same thing so I rewound it on my DVR to see. And that was it, putting the ball where his knee hit, before the ball hit. Not sure what would be the correct call though.

there actually was one bad call.

Seattle completed a pass inside the 20, teh WR took 3 steps and the fumbled and Pitts would have recovered inside the 20 with a chance to run it back.

The refs ruled it incomplete.

No big loss for Pitts since Seattle punted into end zone on the next play.

Seattle completed a pass inside the 20, teh WR took 3 steps and the fumbled and Pitts would have recovered inside the 20 with a chance to run it back.

596779[/snapback]

You're on to something...keep going. There was at least one other big one...

596779[/snapback]

Wasn't that the play that he fumbled out of bounds? (ball went like 10 yards up field and out of bounds)

Maybe another play? There was another play where the defender went to pick up the ball and it slipped out his hands and flew out of bounds. Though that may have had more to do with the whistles blowing...so he didn't try to really hang on.

How about the one where the Seahawk (can't remember his name) got the ball knocked loose, but they ruled it an incomplete pass. He took like six steps (doesn't that constitute a football move?) before the ball popped loose.

596787[/snapback]

Actually, if you take six steps and are bobbling the ball, it's incomplete. You have to have control and make a "football move".

Which is one of the stupider rules, I think. What the !@#$ is a "football move"? :doh:

What the !@#$ is a "football move"?  :doh:

596788[/snapback]

Obviously, it's when you're lying unconscious, with one leg touching the ball, and the other touching the out of bounds pylon.

Actually, if you take six steps and are bobbling the ball, it's incomplete.  You have to have control and make a "football move".

Which is one of the stupider rules, I think.  What the !@#$ is a "football move"?  :doh:

596788[/snapback]

It's the kind of fancy footwork that makes a catch made on 4th down with both feet out of bounds that's short of the 1st down marker look like a first down.... :lol:

Obviously, it's when you're lying unconscious, with one leg touching the ball, and the other touching the out of bounds pylon.

596814[/snapback]

It's the kind of fancy footwork that makes a catch made on 4th down with both feet out of bounds that's short of the 1st down marker look like a first down....  :lol:

596865[/snapback]

:D:P:lol::DGOD, I love this league... :)0:):doh:

596814[/snapback]

Isn't that where if the receiver's head hits the ground like a piledriver, he's not down until both cheeks of his ass make contact with the ground? (The ground being unable to cause a fumble, mind you.)