worst officiated super bowl ever

Dr. K

This thing smells...smells pretty bad.  Tagliabu should be embarrased.

595586[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. This is a black eye on the NFL, and chances are it will be swept under the rug.

I don't give a damn about either team and I was PISSED watching that crap! Horrible way to end the season.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the ticky-tack calls in the first half were favoring the Steelers in the way the refs favored the Patriots for years.

It was in the second half when the Seahawks were taking over the game with that sequence of unbelieveable calls that they just stepped over the line. Nudging the outcome in the direction you want is one thing. Flat out giving the game to one of the teams is just too obvious.

There was a ball placement that they measured for in the first half, ending the Seahawk possession, I believe just before the possesion that Pitt scored on. It appeared when the player went down after the catch and run that he had the entire football over the screen generated red first down line. The ref placed it 4 inches short.

I'd like to see the player fall again. After that, the game turned around.

My thoughts exactly.  This is a black eye on the NFL, and chances are it will be swept under the rug.

I don't give a damn about either team and I was PISSED watching that crap!  Horrible way to end the season.

595634[/snapback]

agreed, I could care less who won but it was an joke, I could see the seahawks fans feeling like the sabres fans after in the crease wasn't called.

LOL, shut up you whiners.  Steelers made the big plays.  True, they didn't move the ball consistently, but they made executed long plays for touchdowns.  It's 6 points either way.

595673[/snapback]

Right.

How can you type while you're acting as Pivot-man for the Squeelers?

Boo freaking hoo. The better team won, the team that played better won, case closed, thread ended. Stop whining

595669[/snapback]

14 points were "adjusted" on the scoreboard, with another 7 coming for seattle. The better team made some blunders that were probably aided when they realized they were getting jobbed. As i said before, the 1999 dallas stars have company in the all-asterisk fraternity.

Seattle hardly deserved to win. Could Jerramy Stevens choke any more? He couldn't even get out of bounds on that last catch. And THEY KEPT THROWING TO HIM, when it was obvious that he was gagging. If you know one of your players is choking, ADJUST. How 'bout that end of half execution? Why can't the punter even come close to pinning a team deep? Ill-timed penalties, etc, etc

Pittsburgh didn't play great, but they outplayed Seattle, which isn't saying much, but it's still true.

On ESPN Sports Reporters this morning they asked one of them what his wish for this superbowl was, and he said that he hoped the refs wouldn't have an effect on the outcome of the game. Hoo boy, he couldn't have been further off with that.

These three calls all took Seattle out of favorable TD/FG situations. The first one looked like a hold to me, but even if you exclude that the other two calls meant the difference in this game. Wipe off the bogus interference call and Seattle only needs a TD that last drive. Wipe out both that call and the bogus hold on the Stevens catch and they're either winning or a FG away that last drive. Not only did it remove points from the board, but it set up situations taylor made for the Pittsburgh defense.

3-6-PIT41 (6:24) M.Hasselbeck pass to D.Jackson to PIT 23 for 18 yards (T.Carter).

PENALTY on SEA-C.Gray, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 41 - No Play.

Result= Punt

1-10-PIT16 (2:08) M.Hasselbeck pass to D.Jackson for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on SEA-D.Jackson, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 16 - No Play.

Result= FG

1-10-PIT19 (12:35) M.Hasselbeck pass to J.Stevens to PIT 1 for 18 yards (C.Hope; T.Polamalu). PENALTY on SEA-S.Locklear, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 19 - No Play.

Result= INT