National Anthem

What the hell is this sh--!?

595127[/snapback]

I said the same thing to my wife. It's like they tried to add "soul" or something being in Detroit. It wasn't even recognizable with the exception of the lyrics.

If the monitor mix (what the artists were hearing) was half as bad as the "hall" mix (what we were hearing) I wouldn't blame the singers. That's why hardly anyone sings live in these big shows any more....

I can sing better than Aaron Neville (who can't?) and, still, I know enough to keep my mouth shut.

Terrible.

595130[/snapback]

A guy at our party last night put it perfectly.

"When aaron neville sings, he looks like he has parkinsons, and sounds like a little kid is in your car turning the volume up and down on the radio."

BTW - was there a rule that no white people were allowed in the pre-game show?

Wasn't a great night for SuperBowl music. The motown tribute was lackluster (Stevie Wonder was good) and the performers were nowhere near on a level with the original performers. Mick wasn't up to the original Mick (and the killer is that he actually IS the original Mick) and the National Anthem sounded like the one written by Francis Off Key.

Dr John is white and played piano on the national anthem; he was in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time.

:D

A guy at our party last night put it perfectly.

"When aaron neville sings, he looks like he has parkinsons, and sounds like a little kid is in your car turning the volume up and down on the radio."

BTW - was there a rule that no white people were allowed in the pre-game show?

596271[/snapback]