SuperBowl XL Game Thread

SDS

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What pisses me off, among many things right now, is Seattle did JUST ENOUGH stupid ass things for Steeler fans (or stojanheads) to try and argue this game was remotely fair...

595629[/snapback]

JUST enough??? hahah

Pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with the 75 yard Parker run. Nor did they allow the Steelers to get a 1st down on 3rd and 28. Oh, and was it the refs who went Teri Shaivo at the end of the 2nd quarter? Nope, that was Seattle's coaching staff. And of course, it was the refs who played like it was the first quarter with 6 minutes left in the game, and then the abortion of play calling that was the last 2 minutes.

Yep, the refs GAVE the game to Pittsburgh.

Friggin idiots...

Overall that was one of the worst Super Bowls I've ever seen.  And it really isn't the refs.  There was no flow.....it was rather boring.  One team is usually boring ( Pittsburgh ), and the other played like pansyasses for too much of the game.

Holmgren called a game that Levy or Reid would be proud of.  Steelers did their usual (play safe and snooze everyone out) at the end.

595630[/snapback]

Seattle had no flow because every time they moved down field and made a big play the refs brought it back. It's tough to get into a flow when that happens 4 or so times a game.

That being said I've never seen such poor playcalling, QB checkdowns and clock management at the end of the half/game as with Seattle.

I take that back, I've seen QB checkdowns that bad before...

Super Bowls should never be decided by the refs.  It should never even be close.

This one was.  Way to go NFL.  Add some more "judgement" calls to the game to "improve" things, ya morons.

595675[/snapback]

Let me see if I can guess what happens during the next owners meeting, when the old line owners - Rooneys, Wilsons get into a confrontation with the new guard - Allens & Snyders.

Not saying that this was a fixed victory for the small market guys, but I can't see Paul Allen being happy about this game, and it just may carry over into revenue sharing negotiations. Pyrrhic victory indeed.

Let me see if I can guess what happens during the next owners meeting, when the old line owners - Rooneys, Wilsons get into a confrontation with the new guard - Allens & Snyders. 

Not saying that this was a fixed victory for the small market guys, but I can't see Paul Allen being happy about this game, and it just may carry over into revenue sharing negotiations.  Pyrrhic victory indeed.

I have a hard time envisioning Pgh as a "small market" when a lot of times, most road games the Steelers play in, including tonight's SB, have a high percentage of Steelers fans.

Not saying that this was a fixed victory for the small market guys, but I can't see Paul Allen being happy about this game, and it just may carry over into revenue sharing negotiations.  Pyrrhic victory indeed.

595701[/snapback]

What responsibility does the NFL have for ABC's BS handjob of the entire game? Steeler after Steeler holding the Lombardi trophy? Only Bettis gets miked?

I don't think it's right. This isn't MNF.

I agree Dave.  I can't imagine who was worthy today.

595674[/snapback]

I've seen Super Bowls where there were several guys that had pretty good (but not great) games and it was a tough call on who should get it. This is the first SB I've seen where nobody on the winning team deserved the award.

I've seen Super Bowls where there were several guys that had pretty good (but not great) games and it was a tough call on who should get it.  This is the first SB I've seen where nobody on the winning team deserved the award.

595714[/snapback]

Actually, I think maybe Randell El for his throw, a couple of nice 1st down grabs, his end around, and his punt returns.

595701[/snapback]

i'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. What a fix job.

I have a hard time envisioning Pgh as a "small market" when a lot of times, most road games the Steelers play in, including tonight's SB, have a high percentage of Steelers fans.

595709[/snapback]

the "market" is home team's tv market. they are a small market team.