Why didn't you guys tell me?

ajzepp

Their shipping is a little higher but it's worth it in my opinion. Their prices are cheaper for the stuff and they have a huge variety of WNY foods. Personally I'm not too cheap to pay the shipping for something I really want...  :D

592345[/snapback]

Some of that cheese potato pierogi looks yummy.....my grandma would flip if I had some of that flown in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their shipping is a little higher but it's worth it in my opinion. Their prices are cheaper for the stuff and they have a huge variety of WNY foods. Personally I'm not too cheap to pay the shipping for something I really want...  :D

592345[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with being cheap. It's paying 20 bucks shipping for a 20 or 25 buck order. That's called being a sap... :)

my one question is how do they get such good sauce adhesion?  mine always seem to be much drier than theirs, and others

592291[/snapback]

That's the job of the margarine--or butter is for. If you sauce is too thin try using a little more of either.

Seriously, that's all there is to it, and if I'm not mistaken, Anchor Bar uses Franks Hot Sauce, no???

Use the vinegar. Really does the trick. I like more than 2 tbsp, though.

Another key is to put them in a bowl when you're done and bake (not broil) them for about 10 minutes. BiB passed this on back when he posted and it was a great idea.

592347[/snapback]

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook/view...o%20Specialties

Specifically:

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook/view...o%20Specialties

CW

rather than use that site, I'd just stock up and fill an entire suitcase the next time I flew into town

I know people that fill their trunks with buffalo/wegmans stuff before driving home

592451[/snapback]

What do you use to seal the suitcase before you fill it with hot sauce? Caulk? Do you drill a hole in the top to pour it in? Does the "hotness" of the sauce keep the interior fabric from affecting the flavor? :huh:

What do you use to seal the suitcase before you fill it with hot sauce?  Caulk?  Do you drill a hole in the top to pour it in?  Does the "hotness" of the sauce keep the interior fabric from affecting the flavor?  :)

592455[/snapback]

:huh:

It has nothing to do with being cheap. It's paying 20 bucks shipping for a 20 or 25 buck order. That's called being a sap... :huh:

592368[/snapback]

So, you're saying.. anybody paying $20 for shipping on a $25 order.. might need Motion Lotion...

I was goign to print out the Wikipedia page on Buffalo Wings and take it around to some of these places to eat down here so they can get their sh-- together.....but then I saw a link on the bottom of the page to the Anchor Bar. I was reading (i.e. drooling) over the thought of their wings, and then I saw that you can order their sauce online by the gallon!  It's a whole lot easier to find good meat down here than it is to find good sauce, so I think my problem is solved. I'll just order the damn things dry and toss 'em myself. FINALLY my problem is solved.....

http://www.anchorbar.com/productcart/pc/vi...y=3&idproduct=1

Now if I can just figure out how to get some Tahoe's.......

592267[/snapback]

A place around the corner from me uses that sauce and it sucks. The guy (from Philly...he makes GREAT cheesesteaks) said, "but it's from the Anchor Bar".

I asked him if his favorite place from philly (PAts or Leos...whatever) packaged a cheese spread, or a line of sliced steak, would he use it? Of course he said, "no". Same thing here.

You just know they don't use that bottled sauce at the Anchor Bar (at least I doubt it). And, the Anchor Bar wings are not typical Buffalo-style wings, IMO.

A place around the corner from me uses that sauce and it sucks.  The guy (from Philly...he makes GREAT cheesesteaks) said, "but it's from the Anchor Bar".

I asked him if his favorite place from philly (PAts or Leos...whatever) packaged a cheese spread, or a line of sliced steak, would he use it?  Of course he said, "no".  Same thing here.

You just know they don't use that bottled sauce at the Anchor Bar (at least I doubt it).  And, the Anchor Bar wings are not typical Buffalo-style wings, IMO.

592486[/snapback]

Hmmm....okay, well I'm game for trying the recipe(s) you guys have listed....maybe that'll do it. All I know is that I need some 'flava' back in my wings. Been too damn long.

Hmmm....okay, well I'm game for trying the recipe(s) you guys have listed....maybe that'll do it. All I know is that I need some 'flava' back in my wings. Been too damn long.

592492[/snapback]

There are many recipies and I'm sure they all have their strengths. I have my personall favorite as do many.

But...just KNOW this. If you want them to taste like Buffalo wings, use Frank's ORIGINAL Hot Sauce (do not use Frank's Wing Sauce). If all you do is coat your wings with Franks', they'll be pretty damn close to what many bars in WNY serve. Adding a little butter or margarine helps to make it stick to the wings (but, lessens the heat). A splash of vinegar really helps the taste. Deep fry the wings until crispy...you don't want lame wings. Really coat the wings. They can be wet if you'd like...but even if you don't want them wet, you need to really coat the wing...not just drizzle on the sauce.

That's the basic recipie and you can't go wrong with that. Go ahead and experiment once you get the hang of it, but my advice to you (and the Bills)...get the basics down before you start to get fancy.

There are many recipies and I'm sure they all have their strengths.  I have my personall favorite as do many.

But...just KNOW this.  If you want them to taste like Buffalo wings, use Frank's ORIGINAL Hot Sauce  (do not use Frank's Wing Sauce).  If all you do is coat your wings with Franks', they'll be pretty damn close to what many bars in WNY serve.  Adding a little butter or margarine helps to make it stick to the wings (but, lessens the heat).  A splash of vinegar really helps the taste.  Deep fry the wings until crispy...you don't want lame wings.  Really coat the wings.  They can be wet if you'd like...but even if you don't want them wet, you need to really coat the wing...not just drizzle on the sauce.

That's the basic recipie and you can't go wrong with that.  Go ahead and experiment once you get the hang of it, but my advice to you (and the Bills)...get the basics down before you start to get fancy.

592503[/snapback]

Thanks, I'm definitely going to give that a try.....I LOVE the flavor of a good Buffalo sauce with blue cheese dressing....yummy. I don't know if you guys have a place called Wing Street attached to your Pizza Huts now, but I"m stuck w/out my car today so I decided to give them a chance. Not only is that friggin 'cheesy bites pizza' a piece of crap, their wings were absolutely HORRIBLE.

By the way, how come some of you guys say butter and others say margarine? Just a taste preference, or is one really better than the other?

Thanks, I'm definitely going to give that a try.....I LOVE the flavor of a good Buffalo sauce with blue cheese dressing....yummy. I don't know if you guys have a place called Wing Street attached to your Pizza Huts now, but I"m stuck w/out my car today so I decided to give them a chance. Not only is that friggin 'cheesy bites pizza' a piece of crap, their wings were absolutely HORRIBLE.

By the way, how come some of you guys say butter and others say margarine? Just a taste preference, or is one really better than the other?

592515[/snapback]

I've never done the tast test, but most receipies say margarine...and that's what most bars probably use. i don't keep margarine in the house, so I use butter and it works fime for me...but, as I like my wings stoopid hot (lip swelling hot....ass burning hot), I use very, very little.. And, then I pile in stuff way hotter than Franks.

But...just KNOW this.  If you want them to taste like Buffalo wings, use Frank's ORIGINAL Hot Sauce  (do not use Frank's Wing Sauce).  If all you do is coat your wings with Franks', they'll be pretty damn close to what many bars in WNY serve.  Adding a little butter or margarine helps to make it stick to the wings (but, lessens the heat).  A splash of vinegar really helps the taste.  Deep fry the wings until crispy...you don't want lame wings.  Really coat the wings.  They can be wet if you'd like...but even if you don't want them wet, you need to really coat the wing...not just drizzle on the sauce.

592503[/snapback]

Thats the exact way I make them. The only difference is I like to throw the wings on the grill for a couple of minutes after I've fried them. Also Franks used to have a recipe on the bottle that was pretty good, but that was several years ago so I'm not sure if they still do.

I've never done the tast test, but most receipies say margarine...and that's what most bars probably use.  i don't keep margarine in the house, so I use butter and it works fime for me...but, as I like my wings stoopid hot (lip swelling hot....ass burning hot), I use very, very little..  And, then I pile in stuff way hotter than Franks.

592521[/snapback]

That's cool....I like mine ALMOST that hot, but what I find down here is that they don't understand that HOT needs to accompany FLAVOR. They forget the flavor part and it ends up just being chicken that can light your ass on fire. It's pretty damn nasty.