Why didn't you guys tell me?

ajzepp

I was goign to print out the Wikipedia page on Buffalo Wings and take it around to some of these places to eat down here so they can get their sh-- together.....but then I saw a link on the bottom of the page to the Anchor Bar. I was reading (i.e. drooling) over the thought of their wings, and then I saw that you can order their sauce online by the gallon! It's a whole lot easier to find good meat down here than it is to find good sauce, so I think my problem is solved. I'll just order the damn things dry and toss 'em myself. FINALLY my problem is solved.....

http://www.anchorbar.com/productcart/pc/vi...y=3&idproduct=1

Now if I can just figure out how to get some Tahoe's.......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was goign to print out the Wikipedia page on Buffalo Wings and take it around to some of these places to eat down here so they can get their sh-- together.....but then I saw a link on the bottom of the page to the Anchor Bar. I was reading (i.e. drooling) over the thought of their wings, and then I saw that you can order their sauce online by the gallon!  It's a whole lot easier to find good meat down here than it is to find good sauce, so I think my problem is solved. I'll just order the damn things dry and toss 'em myself. FINALLY my problem is solved.....

Now if I can just figure out how to get some Tahoe's.......

592267[/snapback]

Make your own sauce, it'll be better. Margarine and hot sauce to taste, 2 tbsp of vinegar. That's it.

Make your own sauce, it'll be better. Margarine and hot sauce to taste.

592270[/snapback]

Given my history in the kitchen, that could be dangerous :D

vinegar, huh? is that the secret? my one question is how do they get such good sauce adhesion? mine always seem to be much drier than theirs, and others

Make your own sauce, it'll be better. Margarine and hot sauce to taste, 2 tbsp of vinegar. That's it.

592270[/snapback]

592270[/snapback]

Yep. I toss in a little paprika, tobasco, tumeric, and cayanne pepper with the Frank's sauce and the margarine.

That baked wing recipe on the side of the Frank's bottle makes a decent wing, without having to bother with deep-frying, too. But resist any temptation to turn on the broiler thinking that will make them really crispy - they start to char in a minute and will end up like burnt toast.

Yep. I toss in a little paprika, tobasco, tumeric, and cayanne pepper with the Frank's sauce and the margarine.

That baked wing recipe on the side of the Frank's bottle makes a decent wing, without having to bother with deep-frying, too.  But resist any temptation to turn on the broiler thinking that will make them really crispy - they start to char in a minute and will end up like burnt toast.

592295[/snapback]

I've never used Anchor Sauce, have always used Frank's Red Hot. Can't go wrong.

You sure you can't buy the Anchor sauce in your local stores? My wife buys some from time to time in the grocery store.

Personally, I prefer Duffs' sauce. We brought home a big jar of it when we went there a couple of years ago (just ask, it's not on the menu). It was excellent, and tasted great on pasta, on wings, on chicken, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the Anchor sauce. It's good, but not great.

CW

I've never used Anchor Sauce, have always used Frank's Red Hot. Can't go wrong.

592298[/snapback]

If you use their baking recipe (pat them dry), you can crisp them up a bit more with a brief - very brief dusting with a can of cooking spray. I outfoxed myself once, brushing them with olive oil. They ended up being rubber bands with bones. :D

The best website in the world for misplaced WNY's.... And they ship very fast... I've used it for Chevetta's often...

www.buffalofoods.com

Enjoy...  :)

Edit: And a gallon of Anchor sauce is only 15.00 there....  :D

592304[/snapback]

Oh wow, I'm going to need to use this in the near future.....thanks!

You sure you can't buy the Anchor sauce in your local stores?  My wife buys some from time to time in the grocery store.

Personally, I prefer Duffs' sauce.  We brought home a big jar of it when we went there a couple of years ago (just ask, it's not on the menu).  It was excellent, and tasted great on pasta, on wings, on chicken, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the Anchor sauce.  It's good, but not great.

CW

592308[/snapback]

Does Duff's have online ordering? I'll order that too :D It's been so long since I've had either that I honestly can't barely remember. Last time I had wings up north was at Rohrbachs...a little microbrewery in downtown Rochester. AWESOME wings.....amazing perogies :)

....until you find out about their shipping costs. :D

592316[/snapback]

true....it's been a long while though, so it's worth it to me. I need to see if I can find the same thing for Geno's or Pat's in Philly :)

Does Duff's have online ordering? I'll order that too :D  It's been so long since I've had either that I honestly can't barely remember. Last time I had wings up north was at Rohrbachs...a little microbrewery in downtown Rochester. AWESOME wings.....amazing perogies :)

592318[/snapback]

I don't think so -- they gave me a canning jar full of their hot sauce, with no branding, labeling, etc, so I think it's definately a smaller operation. You might be able to ask someone to buy/send you some though... I'd do it for you, if I was going home anytime soon. :P

CW

I don't think so -- they gave me a canning jar full of their hot sauce, with no branding, labeling, etc, so I think it's definately a smaller operation.  You might be able to ask someone to buy/send you some though...  I'd do it for you, if I was going home anytime soon. :)

CW

592322[/snapback]

That sucks.....It would be cool to have both of them here. I'll definitely take you up on that offer if you beat me back to Buffalo though :D

....until you find out about their shipping costs. :D

592316[/snapback]

Their shipping is a little higher but it's worth it in my opinion. Their prices are cheaper for the stuff and they have a huge variety of WNY foods. Personally I'm not too cheap to pay the shipping for something I really want... :)

592270[/snapback]

Seriously, that's all there is to it, and if I'm not mistaken, Anchor Bar uses Franks Hot Sauce, no???

Use the vinegar. Really does the trick. I like more than 2 tbsp, though.

Another key is to put them in a bowl when you're done and bake (not broil) them for about 10 minutes. BiB passed this on back when he posted and it was a great idea.