Turner Gill gets it!

If UB was smart, they would lock up not only Reggie Witherspoon and Gill, but AD Ward Manuel as well.

PTR

593343[/snapback]

This is Gill's "foot in the door" opportunity. I do believe UB is a stepping stone for Turner Gill and that's fine with me. It might be for Warde Manuel as well. If TG can work here for a few years and get this program a couple 7+ win seasons then he will most assuredly move on to a higher profile program. By then the program will have some legs and can hopefully stay competitive like basketball has begun to do. Let's face it though, this program has been the worst 1A in the country for 8 years now and they draw 4 digit attendance numbers (unless it's Syracuse or Rutgers in town). You can't expect the Bulls to be invited to the Big East or any other conference until they can sustain some success for at least 5 years. For the short term, I'd be happy being on par with Akron, Miami, Toledo, etc.... Even that will take a couple more years at least.

Add the Auburn Tigers to the list on UB's road (kill) out of conference schedule this fall. I give Turner and Warde Manuel credit. These will probably be big time spankings but the paydays will help fund the football program for years and the schedule will attract kids who may not have considered UB next year.

OOC games are:

Sept. 9th @ West Virginia

Setp. 16th @ Rutgers

Sept. 23 @ Auburn

Oct. 28 @ Boston College

Temple (not yet released)

Add the Auburn Tigers to the list on UB's road (kill) out of conference schedule this fall.  I give Turner and Warde Manuel credit.  These will probably be big time spankings but the paydays will help fund the football program for years and the schedule will attract kids who may not have considered UB next year.

OOC games are:

Sept. 9th @ West Virginia

Setp. 16th @ Rutgers

Sept. 23 @ Auburn

Oct. 28 @ Boston College

Temple (not yet released)

593648[/snapback]

What a "murderer's row" for Gill to start his coaching career. I guess the best he can hope for is a respectabe showing. Maybe they can surprise Temple for a W. By the way, where did you get this schedule? I have not seen a UB football schedule posted yet?

PTR

The UB site already has some of the OOC games listed then you just go to that opponents website to see UB listed. You can sort of piece it together.

For some reason UB and the MAC are the last one's to release schedules

I called the UB Athletic office to find out how much season tix go for. There's no price for this year, but last year they ran from $50 to $90 for 5 home games. If there are 2-3 Bulls/Bills double-header weekends, I may spring for a pair.

PTR