I want a Garbage Plate

Just Jack

No, no....NZ is just over the ocean from here.  :lol:  0:)  I'm the one going crazy here.  :doh: You don't get near the amout of precip down there as we do.  :D  My bro lives in SF and says it's much nicer down there.

591698[/snapback]

Let's recap:

You said you were going crazy.

I suggested that (from what I hear) it isn't very far to go.

And...then everything went a little screwy... :lol:

Hey, maybe you've reached your destination! :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's focus, people!  Jack was talking plates!

I'm in, Jack!

{aside to Jack - maybe you should retitle this thread "Bad Things in New Zealand" and start a new plates thread :doh:}

591748[/snapback]

I'll try to make it (to Tahou's, not NZ, though I'd like to get there someday...)

Let's recap:

You said you were going crazy.

I suggested that (from what I hear) it isn't very far to go.

And...then everything went a little screwy... 0:)

Hey, maybe you've reached your destination!  :lol:

591743[/snapback]

Sorry, wasn't thinking straight...brain was fried from work. :doh: But now that I have played a couple hours of tennis I think I'm good. :lol:

I said that I was going to go crazy from all of the rain we've been having and would love to escape to NZ cause it sounds (and looks) nice. You then reminded me that it's not too far from here so I thought that was cool. :lol: Comprende?? :D

I'm in, Jack!

{aside to Jack - maybe you should retitle this thread "Bad Things in New Zealand" and start a new plates thread :lol:}

591748[/snapback]

Sorry guys....I really did want a plate....honest! :doh:

I'm in, Jack!

{aside to Jack - maybe you should retitle this thread "Bad Things in New Zealand" and start a new plates thread :D}

591748[/snapback]

Cool, high noon as usual?

In:

Jack In Syracuse

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Maybe

Dan Gross

There's still time....

JetBlue

592029[/snapback]

lol....one of these days I'm gonna swing back up there and drop in on you "regulars"....I really miss it up there.

Interested but since I live in raleigh wont be coming to rochester however a local res here offers authentic garbage plates, wings, wek and haddock fish fry on friday nights.

592073[/snapback]

What's the wing sauce like? Any good? I have a helluva time down here in Atlanta finding good wings.

What's so special about these garbage plates anyway?  :D

592292[/snapback]

What a very nice question, Lana. I found that it used to be a little like the thrill of eating blowfish, because your life is being wagered. First you get drunk with all your friends, but not just drunk, it really helps if you are too drunk. Then you go to Tahoe's knowing that one wise-ass comment could set off a race war. Once you order, you are presented with an inchoate mass of food, and half the fun is trying to recall exactly what you ordered to make your plate look like it does. Let me tell you it is a damn good feed. If it is really good, one of your friends will purge and order another. Haute Cuisine! Bon Appetite!

What's so special about these garbage plates anyway?  :D

592292[/snapback]

You'll just have to try one and experience the whole process for yourself one day :)

Cool, high noon as usual?

In:

Jack In Syracuse

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Maybe

Dan Gross

Next time

Rock

592032[/snapback]

Sorry, can't make it. I am going to be with my son who is closing on his first house, and moving out of mine. :D

Sorry, can't make it. I am going to be with my son who is closing on his first house, and moving out of mine.  :D

592358[/snapback]

So...

In:

Jack In Syracuse

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Maybe

Dan Gross

Does not want to be seen with us

Rockpile