post SOTU comments by talking heads

some of the silliness i saw came from Brian Williams. He and the fat guy from Buffalo were doing a segment on MSNBC with Chris Matthews. Matthews asked them to give thier opinion of what the headlines will be tomorrow based on the speech.

Williams: "i don't get into the opinion business...i will leave that for the two of you. "

Then he went on a diatribe of saying "I think" this and "I think" that about a half dozen times in his next statement.

This guy Tim Kaine that the moderate Dems are touting as their party's saviour didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box. He might be their best candidate but when he had a chance to make a national impression imho he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Finally Diane Feinstein. Good grief...I wish I had a transcript of her comments I happened to hear. I can't remember verbatim what she was puking about. At that point I don't even know what network it was. She clearly needs to pick up a history book and read about the struggles this nation....the one she lives in....went through to form the democratic republic it is today.

some of the silliness i saw came from Brian Williams.  He and the fat guy from Buffalo were doing a segment on MSNBC with Chris Matthews.  Matthews asked them to give thier opinion of what the headlines will be tomorrow based on the speech. 

Williams:  "i don't get into the opinion business...i will leave that for the two of you. "

Then he went on a diatribe of saying "I think" this and "I think" that about a half dozen times in his next statement.

This guy Tim Kaine that the moderate Dems are touting as their party's saviour didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box.  He might be their best candidate but when he had a chance to make a national impression imho he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Finally Diane Feinstein.  Good grief...I wish I had a transcript of her comments I happened to hear.  I can't remember verbatim what she was puking about.  At that point I don't even know what network it was.  She clearly needs to pick up a history book and read about the struggles this nation....the one she lives in....went through to form the democratic republic it is today.

590830[/snapback]

I watched the SOTU on C-SPAN. No liberal talking heads to listen to, just what the President said.

Afterwards, I watched The Discovery Channel - Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters.

Someone somewhere comments that its THE ADMINISTRATION thats addicted to oil.

Even a strong attempt to get off foreign oil and find clean, alternative sources of energy is subject to partisanship.

Stupid........

590973[/snapback]

What "strong attempt" was that?

Before we attacked Iraq, I used "Buy a Civic, Save a Marine" as my signature here and I don't know how many times I have advocated here that we need to find a way to energy independence so as to elimenate the problem presented by the world's most important resource being located in the most politically unstable and dangerous region in the world. I can't recall all the hysterical responses I recieved from you righties for that kind of thinking. "Isolationist" comes to mind. "Typical liberal, its all about the oil" was another.

Bush goes on TV and talks about it and suddenly its a great idea. "Talk" mind you. He hasn't actually done or made a "strong attempt" at anything.

Before we attacked Iraq, I used "Buy a Civic, Save a Marine" as my signature here and I don't know how many times I have advocated here that we need to find a way to energy independence so as to elimenate the problem presented by the world's most important resource being located in the most politically unstable and dangerous region in the world.  I can't recall all the hysterical responses I recieved from you righties for that kind of thinking.  "Isolationist" comes to mind.  "Typical liberal, its all about the oil" was another.

Bush goes on TV and talks about it and suddenly its a great idea.  "Talk" mind you.  He hasn't actually done or made a "strong attempt" at anything.

591215[/snapback]

0:)

Now you know how we feel reading your hypocrisy. :D;)

Before we attacked Iraq, I used "Buy a Civic, Save a Marine" as my signature here and I don't know how many times I have advocated here that we need to find a way to energy independence so as to elimenate the problem presented by the world's most important resource being located in the most politically unstable and dangerous region in the world.  I can't recall all the hysterical responses I recieved from you righties for that kind of thinking.  "Isolationist" comes to mind.  "Typical liberal, its all about the oil" was another.

Bush goes on TV and talks about it and suddenly its a great idea.  "Talk" mind you.  He hasn't actually done or made a "strong attempt" at anything.

591215[/snapback]

My sole point that it was a central point of his speech, something youd think EVERYONE could agree on and it was STILL turned into a partisan point for argument.

Nice try though, Mick....but we know "[you] can do better!"

This guy Tim Kaine that the moderate Dems are touting as their party's saviour didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box.  He might be their best candidate but when he had a chance to make a national impression imho he looked like a deer in the headlights.

590830[/snapback]

and that eyebrow :lol:

that was just disturbing :doh: