Commit to the lines

jahbonas

Watching the playoffs it always becomes so clear..its all about the lines. Look how Pittsburgh committed to the lines when they allowed talented WR Plexico Burress to walk and then replaced him with free agent Guard Hardings. That s committment and we must do similar.

The priority should be Center Bentley(Saints) & OT Backus (Lions) as well as allowing Ted Washington to return. If signing those free agents requires the purging of Moulds/Milloy/Clements....then so be it (they are not andre reed. thurman & Bruce). Anything short of that is a 'fools gold' in thinking that skill players away from the ball are more vital than big players close to the ball. (thats Tom Donaho ball!)

Also we have acceptable depth behind each of these 3 players (even before the draft).

A backfield of Macgee, Greer, Thomas & King is acceptable with no rookies.

Baker could fill for Milloy (Gray's scheme required a true physical strong safety,,,but other schemes desired a more covering type of SS...wade played this). Juaron could make that adjustment.

A starting WR duo of Lee Evans & Roscoe Parrish would be fine if they played on a team that could run the ball and give their QB extra time to throw.

Lets see if Tom Modrak 'gets it' and makes some type of purge like this of replacing skill players with big grunts along the lines.

Picks #1 & 2 should also be on defensive line and offensive line. (Nagata or Mario Williams & best guard available)

So you want to drop 3 of the most consistant players the Bills have? Brilliant!

590703[/snapback]

Consistent??? what have they done in last 3 years??? How many playoffs?? how many problowls ??? How much salary???

This league wins with top lines and average/lower paid skill players !!!

Nate is a no-brainer since we likely could do a tag n trade of some sort as well

Consistent??? what have they done in last 3 years??? How many playoffs?? how many problowls ???  How much salary???

This league wins with top lines and average/lower paid skill players !!!

Nate is a no-brainer since we likely could do a tag n trade of some sort as well

590712[/snapback]

3 probowls between them in the past three years. Moulds already said he is willing to redo his deal. Clements will come in at about 5 million bucks and I never heard anything about Milloy's deal being a problem.

3 probowls between them in the past three years. Moulds already said he is willing to redo his deal. Clements will come in at about 5 million bucks and I never heard anything about Milloy's deal being a problem.

590727[/snapback]

5 Million for Moulds is still wayyyyyyyyyy too much, We save 3 million if we dump Milloy...their high salaries and positions they play is why they must go.

We have done it your way the last 5 years...signing/drafting defensive backs (signing milloy & Vincent while Pat williams walks...drafting Josh Reed over Lecharles bentley and Lee evans over DT Tommie Harris) and it has resulted in no playoffs....

Watching the playoffs it always becomes so clear..its all about the lines. Look how Pittsburgh committed to the lines when they allowed talented WR Plexico Burress to walk and then replaced him with free agent Guard Hardings.

590697[/snapback]

Not to disagree with your main point -- Buffalo's lines DO need work, and Seattle's and Pitt's O-lines are one of the main reasons they're still playing -- but Jeff Hartings has been a Stiller since 2001.

Edited to add: BTW, he's also a center. Simmons and Faneca are their guards. Dunno how I missed that earlier; must be past my bedtime...

Not to disagree with your main point -- Buffalo's lines DO need work, and Seattle's and Pitt's O-lines are one of the main reasons they're still playing -- but Jeff Hartings has been a Stiller since 2001.

590733[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking too.

Why don't we dump Clement, McGee, Evans, Parrish, Holcomb, Losman, Moulds, Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, McGahee and anyone else not playing on one of the lines so we can use all that cap money to get the lines fixed, then sign the rest of the players we need off the practice squad. I mean, the steelers and Seahawks are showing you don't need stars at any other position to make it to the superbowl just a goo offensive and defensive line. Big Ben, Hasselback, Alexander, Bettis? they are all third stringers at best, Arent they?

The lines can be fixed without having to mortgage everything else, you need a balance of good lines and good players at key positions. The lines can only carry you so far.

We have seen what this team can do with and without Moulds in just one game (Miami). With Moulds - 21 points for Lee Evans (cause moulds took the extra coverage and Miami had to worry about both of them on the field), without moulds - we lose the game and Evans is invisible (cause they put all their coverage on him and we did not have any other serious threats)

Milloy played decent for a guy that hurt his hand early in the year and played much of the season with a cast.

I think Milloy was solid and think he is still a very effective player when he doesn't have to play behind a porous run defense like the one last year.

Milloy played decent for a guy that hurt his hand early in the year and played much of the season with a cast.

591058[/snapback]

We really should keep all three of them. I really want to see Moulds end his career in Buffalo, and he's still the best WR we have.

At this point, I'd dump Adams and Mike Williams though...doing that frees up roughly 7.2 million dollars. Add that to the 10 million we are under the cap right now. Franchise Nate for 6 million, leaving us with about 9 million to play with in free agency (2-3 million set aside for signing rookies and RFAs). Thats still enough for 3 new starters right there...AND we get to keep Moulds and Nate. Seems reasonable to me.

Why don't we dump Clement, McGee, Evans, Parrish, Holcomb, Losman, Moulds, Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, McGahee and anyone else not playing on one of the lines so we can use all that cap money to get the lines fixed, then sign the rest of the players we need off the practice squad.

:

591058[/snapback]

As so many have pointed out, those practice players will never develop as long as they are on the bench.