Pittsburgh Hype, is out of control

Media didnt even look at the Hawks.

Hawks are very quiet and low profile while the media and fans are blowing the steelers out of the water.

Its going to be like a home game for the steelers but I got the feeling the Hawks may have this game won by the third.

Reminds me of the Green Bay/New England Super Bowl years. Everyone was on GB's jockey!

I know this is Bettis's last game but I dont think he is going to have a good day on the Hawks D.

Hawks 34 Steelers 17

Media didnt even look at the Hawks.

Hawks are very quiet and low profile while the media and fans are blowing the steelers out of the water.

Its going to be like a home game for the steelers but I got the feeling the Hawks may have this game won by the third.

Reminds me of the Green Bay/New England Super Bowl years.  Everyone was on GB's jockey! 

I know this is Bettis's last game but I dont think he is going to have a good day on the Hawks D.

Hawks 34  Steelers 17

590637[/snapback]

Actually reminds me more of the Ravens/Giants pregame stuff where Baltimore was getting much more media hype and had some personalities on the team. Of course, the Ravens ended up pounding the supposedly very well balanced Giants.

I think Pitt takes care of business. Big Ben is the real deal and would make any team much better (for those that still think it's all his offensive line!). The Steelers have been a "pass first" team in the playoffs and that will continue here.

I think Pitt takes care of business.  Big Ben is the real deal and would make any team much better (for those that still think it's all his offensive line!).  The Steelers have been a "pass first" team in the playoffs and that will continue here.

590660[/snapback]

SO what your saying is that Matt Hasselback is not the real deal ???

Also its the Seahawks who have the better OL IMO too.

Hasselback was the best QB in the NFC this year, and if you look at how Haselback has looked in the playoffs I would be betting on MH being the QB who gets talked about after the game IMO>

Go Seachickens

I really don't know who will win this one, but, I would not be surprised to see Seattle pick off a few if Ben comes out throwing.

I hope Seattle wins, I like their team, their heart, and their coach. Pittsburgh seems to be more about individuals.

I hate to oversimplify but I just think the AFC is 10x better than the NFC.

Seattle lost at Jacksonville and at Washington, and at Green Bay when they rested their starters. Their road wins were against St. Louis (6-10), Arizona (5-11), San Francisco (4-12), Philly (6-10; this was the 42-0 MNF game when the McNabb-less Eagles looked godawful) and Tennessee (4-12). Combined record: 25-55.

They just haven't proven to me that they can leave home and beat a good team. Pittsburgh on the other hand, went into the lion's den against the #1, 2, and 3 seeds in the superior AFC and had fairly easy victories.

All told, Seattle beat one playoff team this year: the NY Giants. They beat Indy, but the Colts had already lost their chance at 16-0 the week before, and James Dungy had died that Thursday. I can't say that's a quality win for Seattle, because the Colts were out of it before kickoff.

Hammer Pittsburgh -4, and I'm not sure about O/U 47, but I'd lean toward the under.

Did anyone hear hines ward? Says the steelers were disrespected because they are favored.

WTF hines? This "disrespected, and no one give us any respect" crap in sports has gone overboard.

How can you be disrespected by being favored?

Did anyone hear hines ward? Says the steelers were disrespected because they are favored.

WTF hines? This "disrespected, and no one give us any respect" crap in sports has gone overboard.

How can you be disrespected by being favored?

590784[/snapback]

NFL rules, Ramius.

The bylaws specifically state that at least one of the Super Bowl teams, and sometimes both, have to claim disrespect from the media and fans.

I really don't know who will win this one, but, I would not be surprised to see Seattle pick off a few if Ben comes out throwing.

I hope Seattle wins, I like their team, their heart, and their coach.  Pittsburgh seems to be more about individuals.

590710[/snapback]

That is far from the truth......The Pittsburgh steelers are the epitome of

team this year.....From that team aspect several superstars have emerged...

Ben, Polamalu...Jeff Hartings, AlanFaneca, Joey Porter....The reason people

are noticing individuals is because these individuals are dominating games....

NBF, the reason everyone is hyping the Steelers because the Steelers are the feel good story that needs to be told. Plus, everyone loves a winner, and the Steelers are going to beat the ever-lovin' bejeesus out of the Seahawks, cover the spread, and on the way trip the score over 47 so my parlay comes home.

But regardless of the pre-determined outcome, I'll still watch, NBF. Because dammit...it's still real to me.