MESSAGE BOARD "EXPERTS"

THE U

NORV TURNER WOULD MAKE A FINE QB COACH, AT LEAST HE'S YOUNGER THAN

SAM WYCHE.....

590435[/snapback]

I disagree Norv's more well known for creating strong running attacks vs fine tuning QBs. See Heath Shuler, Gus Frerotte, Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler and Kerry Collins that he's done "wonders" for.

Except that he just signed a deal to become San Fran's offensive coordinator...

49ers hire Turner

590463[/snapback]

Weeks ago. You beat me to it. God forbid if I only submitted my post, Kelly the fair and balanced dog would've been all over me for not quickly reloading my browser before I posted even though I was about to reply at the same exact moment! Sorry, had to do it.

Seriously "The U", answer me this: Was Norv Turner ever an option as a fuggen QB coach? EVER?!? He wasn't going to take that much of a demotion. It was either offensive coordinator or sit out a year and everyone forgets your misfortunes and you suddenly become a hot coaching commodity again. Nevermind

Guest BackInDaDay

I don't know if he'd settle for QB coach after all he's accomplished, and I certainly would have my doubts whether he'd leave his front office post with the Bucs, but I'd love to see Doug Williams on the Bills sideline. He probably doesn't want to coach in the NFL, otherwise he'd be at least a coordinator by now. Then again, it never hurts to ask.

http://www.blackcollegeview.com/vnews/disp...2/406dcddab11c3

See now I'm hoping for a guy who was, well, maybe a HOF QB and called all his own plays from the line of scrimmage - almost his own Offensive Coordinator.

Wouldn't be bad if he was a hard-nosed, scrappy QB with a winning attitude and a linebacker toughness, either.

If he already had a rapport with JP, that would be great - it would be even better if he once wore a Bills' uniform.

If only there was someone like that out there.

See now I'm hoping for a guy who was, well, maybe a HOF QB and called all his own plays from the line of scrimmage - almost his own Offensive Coordinator.

Wouldn't be bad if he was a hard-nosed, scrappy QB with a winning attitude and a linebacker toughness, either.

If he already had a rapport with JP, that would be great - it would be even better if he once wore a Bills' uniform.

If only there was someone like that out there.

590573[/snapback]

He has said numerous times that coaching is "not in the cards" for him. He has a wife, young children, and I'm sure still plenty of pain from the loss of Hunter. He can enjoy his time with his family and still be close to the organization, and not have to worry about the stress and demands of a coaching job. Bottom line, not gonna happen so get off it.