President Bush about to speak

Come to florida and experience jeb first hand. you'll re-think your stance on hilary. frankly, in a hilary-jeb race, we're !@#$ either way.

590768[/snapback]

Being a native of Florida and traveling back there enough times to visit the folks, I am more than familar with Jeb. The only advantage he has over his brother is that he can speak in complete sentences. We are definitely FUBAR if it comes down to those two.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the problem that she's a woman?  I hadn't thought that was it.  I thought it was who she is and what she stands for.  But if it is her gender that's the problem -- revealing.

590776[/snapback]

It's both, really. Given Bill's foreign policy (did he have one?) I have to assume she's on the same wavelength. So, not only would she be completely asleep on foreign affairs, she'd also garner ZERO respect or fear among our enemies. Not a good thing.

Being a native of Florida and traveling back there enough times to visit the folks, I am more than familar with Jeb.  The only advantage he has over his brother is that he can speak in complete sentences. We are definitely FUBAR if it comes down to those two.

590794[/snapback]

Funny comment, and I've been hearing it for years from all walks of life.

If Carter gets elected, we're screwed.

If Reagan gets elected, we're screwed.

If Bush gets elected, we're screwed.

If Clinton gets elected, we're screwed.

All these ample opportunities to get screwed, and yet here we all are, once again predicting fear and doom regardless of who is elected the next president.

I think some people just like to hate everyone.

It's both, really. Given Bill's foreign policy (did he have one?) I have to assume she's on the same wavelength. So, not only would she be completely asleep on foreign affairs, she'd also garner ZERO respect or fear among our enemies. Not a good thing.

590977[/snapback]

Does your wife share all of your political thoughts and leanings. God I hope not. 0:)

Given Bill's foreign policy (did he have one?)

590977[/snapback]

No. His policy towards central Asia, for example, was to promote stability by encouraging exploitation of the gas and oil reserves to boost their economies, while simultaneously supporting the groups who promoted instability (i.e. the Taleban) to secure the exploitation of the oil and gas...until he found out the Taleban mistreated women, after which his Central Asian policy turned on a dime... 0:)

Or there's the classic of craven and cowardly example African policy: "indications of genocide-like activity" in Rwanda...reason being that if the State Department had said "indications of genocide", which would have committed us under international law to intervention, and Bill couldn't possibly intervene after tucking tail and running from the Somali misadventure and establishing the policy of "sub-Saharan Africa is a cesspool, just leave it alone".

Or there's his brilliant North Korean policy: "If we give you a nuclear program, do you promise not to do bad things with it and keep quiet during my term?" No explanation necessary, I believe, as to how whacked a policy THAT was.

Or his counter-terrorism policy: "You bombed our embassies (in sub-Saharan Africa, which is a cesspool we prefer to disengage ourselves from anyway, which is part of the reason you were able to get away with bombing our embassies). So here's some cruise missiles. That'll keep you quiet for a little while."

Or his Balkan policy...which was apparently just random synapse firings. I can't even begin to describe his Balkan policy.

That's by far the number one reason I wouldn't vote for her; much as Curious George inherited his foreign policy from the hard-liners in President Dad's administration, Hillary couldn't help but inherit the Mickey Mouse head-in-the-sand opinion-poll driven electioneering at its worst foreign policy of her husband's administration. It's the main reason by far that I didn't vote for Kerry - his foreign policy was a rehash of Clinton's "no foreign policy" foreign policy.

Funny comment, and I've been hearing it for years from all walks of life.

If Carter gets elected, we're screwed.

If Reagan gets elected, we're screwed.

If Clinton gets elected, we're screwed.

All these ample opportunities to get screwed, and yet here we all are, once again predicting fear and doom regardless of who is elected the next president.

I think some people just like to hate everyone.

591004[/snapback]

I'd say after Bush I, people were right...

So now we should let the Islamic extremists dictate who we elect?  Priceless.

Is the problem that she's a woman?  I hadn't thought that was it.  I thought it was who she is and what she stands for.  But if it is her gender that's the problem -- revealing.

590776[/snapback]

Problem is she is a shrill ultra left B word.

No.  His policy towards central Asia, for example, was to promote stability by encouraging exploitation of the gas and oil reserves to boost their economies, while simultaneously supporting the groups who promoted instability (i.e. the Taleban) to secure the exploitation of the oil and gas...until he found out the Taleban mistreated women, after which his Central Asian policy turned on a dime...  0:)

Or there's the classic of craven and cowardly example African policy: "indications of genocide-like activity" in Rwanda...reason being that if the State Department had said "indications of genocide", which would have committed us under international law to intervention, and Bill couldn't possibly intervene after tucking tail and running from the Somali misadventure and establishing the policy of "sub-Saharan Africa is a cesspool, just leave it alone". 

Or there's his brilliant North Korean policy: "If we give you a nuclear program, do you promise not to do bad things with it and keep quiet during my term?"  No explanation necessary, I believe, as to how whacked a policy THAT was.

Or his counter-terrorism policy: "You bombed our embassies (in sub-Saharan Africa, which is a cesspool we prefer to disengage ourselves from anyway, which is part of the reason you were able to get away with bombing our embassies).  So here's some cruise missiles.  That'll keep you quiet for a little while."

Or his Balkan policy...which was apparently just random synapse firings.  I can't even begin to describe his Balkan policy.   

That's by far the number one reason I wouldn't vote for her; much as Curious George inherited his foreign policy from the hard-liners in President Dad's administration, Hillary couldn't help but inherit the Mickey Mouse head-in-the-sand opinion-poll driven electioneering at its worst foreign policy of her husband's administration.  It's the main reason by far that I didn't vote for Kerry - his foreign policy was a rehash of Clinton's "no foreign policy" foreign policy.

591010[/snapback]

That's about the best summation of Bill Clinton's excellent foreign (mis)adventures I've ever read.

But hey! There was no blood for oil!!

I view Bill Clinton as a placeholder. He inherited Bush I's sound fiscal scenario (by, not coincidentally, beating Bush I over the head about falling back on his "no new taxes" pledge), and just let the good times roll. I really think he didn't do anything domestically either. Billarycare was stillborn. Well, he did sign NAFTA, but that had been in the works for a while...

Or there's his brilliant North Korean policy: "If we give you a nuclear program, do you promise not to do bad things with it and keep quiet during my term?"  No explanation necessary, I believe, as to how whacked a policy THAT was.

591010[/snapback]

...and then four years later, "What do you mean they did not live up to their promise and are making noise again? Didn't I bribe them enough last time?"

That's about the best summation of Bill Clinton's excellent foreign (mis)adventures I've ever read.

I view Bill Clinton as a placeholder. He inherited Bush I's sound fiscal scenario (by, not coincidentally, beating Bush I over the head about falling back on his "no new taxes" pledge), and just let the good times roll.  I really think he didn't do anything domestically either. Billarycare was stillborn. Well, he did sign NAFTA, but that had been in the works for a while...

591029[/snapback]

IN 87 the stock market lossed 300 points, interest rates went up and building boom crumbled, along with the tech jobs. While bush 1 was in office were tough times economically. Those were some bad times. Whatever clinton did or did'nt do, the working world was fantastic.

IN 87 the stock market lossed 300 points, interest rates went up and building boom crumbled, along with the tech jobs. While bush 1 was in office were tough times economically. Those were some bad times. Whatever clinton did or did'nt do, the working world was fantastic.

591118[/snapback]

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. It's a good program. You should look into it.

It just disgusts me to see Congresscritters proud of themselves for looking a problem square in the face and doing absolutely nothing about it.

"Re-elect me. I fought to make sure that nothing is done about an impending problem."  :doh:

590662[/snapback]

The Dummycrats are like Officer Barbrady when it comes to Social Security: Move along, nothing to see here. In another 20 years, when it's too expensive to do anything, their supporters will be very sorry.

I sincerely hope all of you new to the work force are putting money in a Roth IRA because it's likely the only thing that'll be available when you're old enough to retire.

591118[/snapback]

Which had pretty much zero to do with who was in charge of government at any level.

591118[/snapback]

Actually, the market recovered from the '87 crash and was setting new highs within a year. The first two years of Bush I's administration were economically strong...right up until oil went through the roof after Saddam Insane invaded a country no one here had ever heard of. :doh:

Actually, the market recovered from the '87 crash and was setting new highs within a year.  The first two years of Bush I's administration were economically strong...right up until oil went through the roof after Saddam Insane invaded a country no one here had ever heard of.  :doh:

591640[/snapback]

In new england after the market crashed in 87, and the interest rates went up the region slowly died economically. Between the construction job losses and tech job losses, digital corp, wang corp,raytheon, lockheed sanders. I seen shopping malls that were boarded up. Plenty of work for auctioneers.

And I even forgot to mention Haiti. :D Or his complete inability at Camp David in 2000 to convince Arafat to accept Arafat's own list of demands! :lol:

The Rwandan thing still galls me...if ever there was a humanitarian mission for the military to perform, it was in Rwanda. But it's Africa...and the last humanitarian mission we had in Africa, we lost 18 Rangers. So !@#$ Africa. :doh:

But nothing - nothing - gets my blood boiling as much as his Central Asian policy. You've heard me B word about it before...and I'm going to do it again: the Clinton administration allowed its central Asian policy to be dictated in its entirety by a single US oil company (to the point where the Taleban were surprised when the found out Unocol wasn't a department of the US government. :lol:), right up until said policy was completely turned on its head by Mavis friggin' Leno!!!!

Let's face it, when you've got Jay Leno's spouse overruling Unocol to dictate your foreign policy...you don't have a foreign policy to speak of. Hell, the one "foreign policy" decision the Clinton administration made that I agree with was Elian Gonzales...and that only because I believe he came down on the correct side of parental rights. It wasn't even foreign policy. 0:)

There was plenty of blood for oil; the butcher's bill for Clinton's policies just didn't come due in his term. :lol: It pisses me off...if the Clinton administration had bothered to engage anyone in Afghanistan with anything even remotely resembling a rational policy in early 1994, 9/11 probably never happens.

I view Bill Clinton as a placeholder. He inherited Bush I's sound fiscal scenario (by, not coincidentally, beating Bush I over the head about falling back on his "no new taxes" pledge), and just let the good times roll.  I really think he didn't do anything domestically either. Billarycare was stillborn. Well, he did sign NAFTA, but that had been in the works for a while...

591029[/snapback]

I actually have a grudging...well, not respect, maybe acceptance...for Clinton's domestic and economic policies. At the very least, he's the only president since FDR to run a budget surplus (even if it was smoke and mirrors, it's still more than anyone else has done), and his social policy wasn't a hindrance to anyone for the most part (though it didn't help much either - his first social policy decision, "Don't ask, don't tell", pretty much set the craven and cowardly "Don't piss anyone off" vote-whoring tone for his presidency). But in terms of foreign policy...I'm hard-pressed to name a worse president in history. Warren Harding, maybe? James Buchanan?