Suspense movies, thrillers, horror flicks

This is what i liked about "The Others".  It was great performance that wasn't played "over the top" or "showy" in any way.

another movie that fits that description (that doesn't fall into what you are looking for)...but i thought had great "down played" performances was, "In The Bedroom".   

Tom Wilkinson should have won an Oscar for his performance.

i have a real appreciation for the art of acting and this was the finest acted movie i have seen in a very long time.

590952[/snapback]

Yep, I agree completely....it was on cable last night so I caught it for the second time. Wonderful film.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm insulted :D

Try Session 9, and the IMDB recommendations - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261983/recommendations from Session 9.

I agree with germ boy - Jacob's Ladder is very effective for what you're looking to do.

Someone recommended Daddy Day Care, but I haven't seen it to vouch for the fear factor.

591854[/snapback]

I was going to say "Session 9", but the ending (Spoiler alert)............doesn't quite fit KFabD's original criteria of no one actually getting hurt.

Danver's State is up near my way. People try to break into it all the time. It's on one of those Urban Adventures lists; people break into abandoned buildings at night, not kids getting loaded and having illicit sex on tables they, used to perform lobotomies on, but people that bust in for the rush, take a few photos or old syringes, and leave.

Edit:

Just re-read his post again. I guess it doesn't matter if someone actually gets killed, and in that case, Session 9 fits perfectly.

Edited by Johnny Coli

that uses elements of a haunted house movie but it turns out that it's all in the character's head or their past, and the house isn't haunted at all? Just need some data for a project I am doing, and I need to watch a few DVDs. I am sure there are a few but it's not a genre I am really familiar with. Thanks in advance. Let me know if you thought it was effective, too.

There are a few films discussed below, so if you are a fan of the genres and don't want to see some plots and endings of a few films let out of the bag, don't read on. You could still add your suggestion to the question though. :D

590052[/snapback]

Psycho.

Raising Cain.

I was going to say "Session 9", but the ending (Spoiler alert)............doesn't quite fit KFabD's original criteria of no one actually getting hurt.

Danver's State is up near my way.  People try to break into it all the time.  It's on one of those Urban Adventures lists; people break into abandoned buildings at night, not kids getting loaded and having illicit sex on tables they, used to perform lobotomies on, but people that bust in for the rush, take a few photos or old syringes, and leave.

Edit:

Just re-read his post again.  I guess it doesn't matter if someone actually gets killed, and in that case, Session 9 fits perfectly.

591938[/snapback]

Yeah, it doesn't matter if someone gets killed or not. Thanks. I will check out Session 9.