Going to restuarant for a quiet meal.....

HelloNewman

They were on a garlic high. Olive Garden serves crap, confident that the tons of garlic masks the lousy ingredients.

589987[/snapback]

Hey stuck this is ot but what are your feelings on Montgomery Inn? My girlfriend and I checked it out for the first time at the end of last semester and we were both very impressed with the ribs.

E-ball's Rule #1 for Dining Out: Franchise restaurants are for work lunches and airport layovers.

Rule #2: If you must go to a franchise restaurant for dinner, eat at the bar. Easy access to alcohol, more interesting atmosphere, and no annoying waitress displaying her pieces of flair.

E-ball's Rule #1 for Dining Out:  Franchise restaurants are for work lunches and airport layovers.

Rule #2:  If you must go to a franchise restaurant for dinner, eat at the bar.  Easy access to alcohol, more interesting atmosphere, and no annoying waitress displaying her pieces of flair.

590034[/snapback]

Good rules. Actually, i think #1 should only be for airport layovers (if there are no other options). You can always find something better for a work lunch.

Eating at the bar ROCKS.

Hey stuck this is ot but what are your feelings on Montgomery Inn? My girlfriend and I checked it out for the first time at the end of last semester and we were both very impressed with the ribs.

590012[/snapback]

They are a good outfit. In my opinion the ribs are good - they certainly are not the blazingly hot, crisp things that the die-hard aficionados demand, but they certainly aren't the soaked-in-sauce junk that shows up at the likes of TGIF or Appleby's.

I find their restuarants to be clean, and the staff to be courteous and attentive. And their pricing is ok.

They have been around a long time. That says something.

BTW, the old guy that started it died a year or so ago, Ted Gregory. He was a fine, charitable man and a noted local philanthropist, keeping his good works under wraps and never seeking kudos.