Going to restuarant for a quiet meal.....

HelloNewman

I certainly do not want to sound like an old maid or a chronic whiner but the other day I went to the Olive Garden restaurant to enjoy a quiet meal with my wife. In a matter of 15 minutes all around the restuarant I hear the chants of...

"Happy Happy Birthday....etc etc"

And they do it at the top of their lungs so the entire restaurant can hear. Now granted I know that it can be fun ( or embarassing) for the birthday person but it has gotten to the point where I cannot sit down in a restaurant these days without listening to these birthday chants every 10 minutes....annoying!!

Does anyone else agree with me? Has it happened to you and made you more embarassed than happy?

Thank you for your reply

heck I was at Anthony's Peir 4(?) in boston and they sang to me. get over yourself. want a quiet meal, cook it at home.

I certainly do not want to sound like an old maid or a chronic whiner but the other day I went to the Olive Garden restaurant to enjoy a quiet meal with my wife.  In a matter of 15 minutes all around the restuarant I hear the chants of...

And they do it at the top of their lungs so the entire restaurant can hear.  Now granted I know that it can be fun ( or embarassing) for the birthday person but it has gotten to the point where I cannot sit down in a restaurant these days without listening to these birthday chants every 10 minutes....annoying!!

Does anyone else agree with me?  Has it happened to you and made you more embarassed than happy?

Thank you for your reply

589786[/snapback]

the other day I went to the Olive Garden restaurant to enjoy a quiet meal with my wife. 

589786[/snapback]

Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

-Frank "The Tank" Ricard, "Old School"

I guess it is okay for kids (reluctantly) but adults...not.

Do the egocentric birfday bs at home please.

And at Hometown Buffet they got that bumble bee going around singing and dancing and getting in the way. Just once I would like to see someone take out the bumble bee with a Terry Tate the Office Linebacker sort of a hit.

I guess it is okay for kids (reluctantly) but adults...not.

Do the egocentric birfday bs at home please.

And at Hometown Buffet they got that bumble bee going around singing and dancing and getting in the way.  Just once I would like to see someone take out the bumble bee with a Terry Tate the Office Linebacker sort of a hit.

589884[/snapback]

where's this place??? I'd be glad to do it for 50 bucks

Did you find yourself looking over at your waitress and wondering what type of underwear she had on?  You know, panties?  Chances are, they were your basic white cotton underpants.  But what if they weren't?  What if they were silk panties?  What if they were a thong?  What if they were something really cool that you didn't even know about?

589844[/snapback]

0:)

Did you find yourself looking over at your waitress and wondering what type of underwear she had on?  You know, panties?  Chances are, they were your basic white cotton underpants.  But what if they weren't?  What if they were silk panties?  What if they were a thong?  What if they were something really cool that you didn't even know about?

589844[/snapback]

Yeah...that would be neat. My luck she wouldn't even be wearing any underwear and I wouldn't have any fun at all! 0:)

I certainly do not want to sound like an old maid or a chronic whiner but the other day I went to the Olive Garden restaurant to enjoy a quiet meal with my wife.  In a matter of 15 minutes all around the restuarant I hear the chants of...

And they do it at the top of their lungs so the entire restaurant can hear.  Now granted I know that it can be fun ( or embarassing) for the birthday person but it has gotten to the point where I cannot sit down in a restaurant these days without listening to these birthday chants every 10 minutes....annoying!!

Does anyone else agree with me?  Has it happened to you and made you more embarassed than happy?

Thank you for your reply

589786[/snapback]

As people have said, olive garden is hardly the place to go to for a quiet meal. You should see what its like here near FSU during lunch with the all-you-can-eat soup, salad, and breadsticks for $6. 0:)

Thank you for your reply

589786[/snapback]

I think it's all been said. So I'll say it, too...

Olive Garden?

Lighten up, Francis

Thank you for your reply

589786[/snapback]

Geez Newman...take her to Hooters and tell the dollies its her birthday. 0:)

In college..when one of our buddies would go to the can, we would tell the waitress it was his birthday..he would come back to Birthday singing..hilarity ensued..

589970[/snapback]

Done the same thing many times. There was a period of about 4-5 months when everyone would be afraid to leave the table, for they knew they would be next.

Thank you for your reply

589786[/snapback]

They were on a garlic high. Olive Garden serves crap, confident that the tons of garlic masks the lousy ingredients.