If it ain't Chuck...

Buftex

I went to see 79 year old rock-n' roll god Chuck Berry over the weekend...he was one of the few living rock legneds I had not seen over that last 25 years or so...wow, I was blown away!

I wasn't expecting much...I figured he would play his "great 8", and some have young turk play most of the licks, and be off the stage in about 30 minutes. That is sort of the norm for these "past their prime" rock-n'roll revival shows. Berry played for 75 minutes, and mixed some nice, nasty blues in with his patented riffs.

Chuck was awesome, and sounded fantastic...he even still does the legendary duck walk...he looked real rock-n' roll cool...I know he still plays at his club in St Louis once a month, but I am not sure how much he tours any more.

If you just want a little inspiration, and want a layer of your cynicism peeled off, go see Chuck if he comes to a town near you...it was worth every penny of the $70 I paid for a ticket (it was a benefit concert)...the hair on my back (I have no neck hair) stood on end the whole time...the Stones could still learn a few lessons in dignity from the master...it kind of gives me a little more hope for Marv Levy...just stay away from the rest rooms ladies! :D

HAIL HAIL ROCK-N' ROLL!!!

I went to see 79 year old rock-n' roll god Chuck Berry over the weekend...he was one of the few living rock legneds I had not seen over that last 25 years or so...wow, I was blown away! 

it kind of gives me a little more hope for Marv Levy...just stay away from the rest rooms ladies! :D

HAIL HAIL ROCK-N' ROLL!!!

588916[/snapback]

I didn't know Chuck still played outside St.L... Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open to see if he shows up around me.

BTW, Hail Hail Rock-'n Roll- To be released on DVD 6/27

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1001918988

I didn't know Chuck still played outside St.L... Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open to see if he shows up around me.

BTW, Hail Hail Rock-'n Roll- To be released on DVD 6/27

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1001918988

589087[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up....great flick!

I had this t-shirt, I baught in NY some years ago, it had a picture of Chuck Berry and Keith Richards (a pic from "Hail Hail Rock N' Roll"), with the Keith Richards quote "If it ain't Chuck, it ain't f*ck"....watching Richards and Berry get into it at the rehersals for that show is worth whatever that dvd will cost...