Count down to family court

I've posted before about my 15 year old and all the problems I'm having with him. The latest is that he was expelled from public school and transferred to a disciplinary school. They keep him in line there, but he's not learning anything. Our next court date is February 22. We are going to ask that based on his history the judge will send him to a residential disciplinary school. It will break my heart, but I can't sit by and watch him ruin his life.

There are some positive things about him -- he has a high mechanical aptitude and likes to work with his hands, he's a great athlete, good with animals. He's shown some interest in joining the military but his knucklehead friends told him he can join at 16 and you have to have graduated high school, right?

Well anyway, keep us in your prayers.

I've posted before about my 15 year old and all the problems I'm having with him.  The latest is that he was expelled from public school and transferred to a disciplinary school.  They keep him in line there, but he's not learning anything.  Our next court date is February 22.  We are going to ask that based on his history the judge will send him to a residential disciplinary school.  It will break my heart, but I can't sit by and watch him ruin his life. 

There are some positive things about him -- he has a high mechanical aptitude and likes to work with his hands, he's a great athlete, good with animals.  He's shown some interest in joining the military but his knucklehead friends told him he can join at 16 and you have to have graduated high school, right?

588693[/snapback]

Good luck, Melissa. You got some tough decisions to make. I'm betting you make the right ones. I hope your son comes around...don't give up on him.

is it a locked placement or unlocked . i would ask the judge to send him to a placement that is locked . do not make it all soft and pampered for him . my wife works at a placement school for girls that is unlocked and what happens with the girls is 2 or 3 of them get together and run off .they go have sex and drug it up , then come back and act like big shots . i feel for you .. prayers for you and your son .

is it a locked placement or unlocked . i would ask the judge to send him to a placement that is locked . do not make it all soft and pampered for him .  my wife works at a placement school for girls that is unlocked and what happens with the girls is 2 or 3 of them get together and run off .they go have sex and drug it up , then come back and act like big shots . i feel for you .. prayers for you and your son .

588703[/snapback]

Here in PA it depends on the judge and what the kid did. Usually only kids that commit felonies and/or violent crimes are sent to a locked facility.

Some of these girls are worse than the boys.

I've posted before about my 15 year old and all the problems I'm having with him.  The latest is that he was expelled from public school and transferred to a disciplinary school.  They keep him in line there, but he's not learning anything.  Our next court date is February 22.  We are going to ask that based on his history the judge will send him to a residential disciplinary school.  It will break my heart, but I can't sit by and watch him ruin his life. 

There are some positive things about him -- he has a high mechanical aptitude and likes to work with his hands, he's a great athlete, good with animals.  He's shown some interest in joining the military but his knucklehead friends told him he can join at 16 and you have to have graduated high school, right?

588693[/snapback]

Yep - no 16 year-old enlistments.

That you mention the mechanical aptitude is encouraging. Good with animals, especially so.

This may in fact work out well. I won't weary you with advice or lengthy explanation; I'll just say that my old eyes share your feeling of not giving up.

It's like gardening...

588693[/snapback]

You can enlist at 17 with parental consent and you do need to graduate highschool to enlist except in rare circumstances.

Melissa, you are right, it might hurt, but maybe this new school is going to be best for him. Best wishes to both of you...stay strong.

Yeah.  Most serial killers like to torture/kill animals.  Good to hear your son isn't like that.

588785[/snapback]

Really reaching for the good news at this point, huh?

"Well, at least he isn't showing any signs of being a serial killer......"

Hopefully he straightens out. I was a little monster in middle school and turned out alright. Sort of. :D

Really reaching for the good news at this point, huh?

"Well, at least he isn't showing any signs of being a serial killer......"

Hopefully he straightens out.  I was a little monster in middle school and turned out alright.  Sort of.  :D

589093[/snapback]

Of course, as soon as something terrible happens to Mandy Moore, you know who they'll come lookin' for, dontcha?

Of course, as soon as something terrible happens to Mandy Moore, you know who they'll come lookin' for, dontcha?

589104[/snapback]

Everyone should be mentally preparing themselves for the day when Mandy quits her acting and singing career and decides to become my bride.

And that could happen any day now.