Bills just not very good right now...

LasBillz

This year I'm running on faith. Our OL is terrible, #11 is limited, and we needed to acquire a more mobile QB- which we did in the form of the injured Losman.

However, Donohoe took a risk in not beefing up the OL, instead relying on McNally to resurrect the line. That will take at least until the end of this season to see if it pays off- meantime, this offense will be sad to watch.

At this stage of his career, Bledsoe would need Denver's OL to be moderately effective in downfield passing- that isn't happening here.

The other thing about this team that begs for patience is the growing pains that Mularkey is going through- the weird decisions that are helping cost us games. Punting from the Jag's 33, and refusing to use MaGahee last game, even though he is the better talent chief among them.

I'm actually settling into the idea that this edition is probably not getting out of the AFC East basement this year. The Miami games should set records in offensive futility for both teams. Sad.

The main question I have is this- how much time does Tom Donohoe have left?

The OL and running game are much worse than they really are due to the Bledsoe Factor. Teams do blitz on eery play with the intent to stuff the run. If the bills do pass, the blitzers just continue up the middle where they know they will find Drew patting the ball.

There is no fear of blitzing because Drew can not make a big play to make them pay. No other OL in the league puts up with such abuse on a continuous basis due to the total lack of respect for the QB. Even raw rookie QBs will hit a play once in a while.

This year I'm running on faith.  Our OL is terrible, #11 is limited,  and we needed to acquire a more mobile QB- which we did in the form of the injured Losman.

However, Donohoe took a risk in not beefing up the OL, instead relying on McNally to resurrect the line.  That will take at least until the end of this season to see if it pays off- meantime, this offense will be sad to watch.

At this stage of his career, Bledsoe would need Denver's OL to be moderately effective in downfield passing- that isn't happening here. 

The other thing about this team that begs for patience is the growing pains that Mularkey is going through- the weird decisions that are helping cost us games.  Punting from the Jag's 33, and refusing to  use MaGahee last game, even though he is the better talent chief among them.

I'm actually settling into the idea that this edition is probably not getting out of the AFC East basement this year.  The Miami games should set records in offensive futility for both teams.    Sad.

The main question I have is this- how much time does Tom Donohoe have left?

42858[/snapback]