Data mining

Fezmid

...as you post on an internet site like all, routinely scavenged and content-scooped by Googlebot and recorded in perpetuity by Archive.org... <_<

588441[/snapback]

The difference is you can't (easily) figure out who I am by what I've posted, and I'm making a conscious effort to post what I post. With the data mining of Amazon wishlists (for example), it's VERY easy to find out what I'm reading, watching, etc, and figure out where someone lives. Too much data.

CW

The difference is you can't (easily) figure out who I am by what I've posted, and I'm making a conscious effort to post what I post.  With the data mining of Amazon wishlists (for example), it's VERY easy to find out what I'm reading, watching, etc, and figure out where someone lives.  Too much data.

CW

588573[/snapback]

Perhaps, but in some subsequent posts here and on PPP today, you implicate the govt as the bad guy.

It's pervasive, private and public. And a while back, I made a comment to you about some free girlie magazine, and you said you haven't been mined. Are you still sure your info hasn't been hawked?