Randy Cross is a moron

1billsfan

Listening to NFL radio on Sirius Randy offered these thoughts about the Green Bay and Buffalo coaching changes:

He thought the hiring of Mike MaCarthy was a great, well timed move for the Green Bay Packers.

About an hour later he lambasted the Bills for the hiring of Dick Jaroun and said that Mike Malarkey was a very good coach who didn't deserve the treatment he was getting in the Bills front office. He said that the Bills deserve the complete mess they're in.

Mike Sherman - 5 playoff appearances in the last six years. Fired by the Green Bay Packers for a coach no one's ever head of.

Mike Malarkey - No playoff appearances in two years with a team that played like they wanted him fired. Mike resigned from his position after getting the backing of the Bills front office. Bills hire an experienced head coach who was a former head coach of the year.

Randy Cross should be fired for using his job as a bully pulpit. What a jerk.

Funny, I was in my car yesterday afternoon and heard Cross' statements myself. I was mad enough I almost stopped to call in, but didn't. Basically, Cross said that the Bills are "a mess" and will "continue to be a mess until they prove otherwise." He said that Mularkey left because "the job he had wasn't the job he was hired for." Huh? Cross then further opined on the Bills' DC position and offered this insightful wisdom: "the best man for that job is the one who's already there -- Jerry Gray."

Cross really made some irresponsible statements that showed he either has an agenda or is just completely out of touch with what is going on.

And let's make one thing clear before you naysayers chime in -- I'm NOT suggesting that Cross should have praised the Bills for the moves they have made recently. Right now, nobody knows if they've done the right thing. But to suggest that the Bills were all hunky-dory and headed in the right direction before they "screwed everything up" is a crock of B.S.

Funny, I was in my car yesterday afternoon and heard Cross' statements myself.  I was mad enough I almost stopped to call in, but didn't.  Basically, Cross said that the Bills are "a mess" and will "continue to be a mess until they prove otherwise."  He said that Mularkey left because "the job he had wasn't the job he was hired for."  Huh?  Cross then further opined on the Bills' DC position and offered this insightful wisdom:  "the best man for that job is the one who's already there -- Jerry Gray."

Cross really made some irresponsible statements that showed he either has an agenda or is just completely out of touch with what is going on.

And let's make one thing clear before you naysayers chime in -- I'm NOT suggesting that Cross should have praised the Bills for the moves they have made recently.  Right now, nobody knows if they've done the right thing.  But to suggest that the Bills were all hunky-dory and headed in the right direction before they "screwed everything up" is a crock of B.S.

587996[/snapback]

Is it just me that sees nothing wrong in what he said ? Admit it - we are a mess and it will take next season to say whether we are going to pull out of it. Mularkey was not handled properly and that is a fact. We will never know if some of the bone-headed ways MM handled certain players such as JP, EM etc. were his own ideas or forced down by TD. As to Jerry Gray, how do we know that Cross is wrong. One the one hand people here argue that we did not have the personnel to work with. And on the other hand, we say the coaches were all idiots. I for one, would have liked to see MM and JG perform one more year with a more talented roster on the OL and DL.

Your last paragraph seems to make sense - we do not know. For Randy Cross to opine one way does not make him an idiot. The experts were calling for a disastrous season in 2005 and we lambasted them for being total morons. Guess time did tell who were the idiots in that story right ?

The hiring of ML and subsequently Jauron+fairchild may be a master stroke of genius or utter idiocy. None of them has a track record to give us the warm fuzzies for 2006.

Is it just me that sees nothing wrong in what he said ? Admit it - we are a mess and it will take next season to say whether we are going to pull out of it. Mularkey was not handled properly and that is a fact. We will never know if some of the bone-headed ways MM handled certain players such as JP, EM etc. were his own ideas or forced down by TD. As to Jerry Gray, how do we know that Cross is wrong. One the one hand people here argue that we did not have the personnel to work with. And on the other hand, we say the coaches were all idiots. I for one, would have liked to see MM and JG perform one more year with a more talented roster on the OL and DL.

Your last paragraph seems to make sense - we do not know. For Randy Cross to opine one way does not make him an idiot. The experts were calling for a disastrous season in 2005 and we lambasted them for being total morons. Guess time did tell who were the idiots in that story right ?

The hiring of ML and subsequently Jauron+fairchild may be a master stroke of genius or utter idiocy. None of them has a track record to give us the warm fuzzies for 2006.

588076[/snapback]

You can't fawn over the Packers because they picked up a 49er guy even though they made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years with their old coach, then turn around and fry the Bills after they were willing to give Malarkey another year. Your post doesn't clear up Cross' comments one bit. The Bills may be a mess but Malarkey had a lot to do with the mess seeing how he lost his team and was clearly over his head by mid season. Enough of blaming RW, how about Malarkey look in the mirror. He was the head coach, right?

Basically, Cross said that the Bills are "a mess" and will "continue to be a mess until they prove otherwise." 

587996[/snapback]

Translated

Randy Cross: They are a mess until they win some games which I will then say, I knew all along this was a fine organization that really made the best coaching move in the offseason.

Blah Blah Blah...anyone that takes anything Randy Cross says seriously or personally deserves the emotional anger they feel.

The guy is just a jackass fortunate to be living off a reputation of a pretty good NFL career snapping the ball to arguably the greatest QB of the 80's.

Listening to NFL radio on Sirius Randy offered these thoughts about the Green Bay and Buffalo coaching changes:

He thought the hiring of Mike MaCarthy was a great, well timed move for the Green Bay Packers.

About an hour later he lambasted the Bills for the hiring of Dick Jaroun and said that Mike Malarkey was a very good coach who didn't deserve the treatment he was getting in the Bills front office. He said that the Bills deserve the complete mess they're in.

Mike Sherman - 5 playoff appearances in the last six years. Fired by the Green Bay Packers for a coach no one's ever head of.

Mike Malarkey - No playoff appearances in two years with a team that played like they wanted him fired. Mike resigned from his position after getting the backing of the Bills front office. Bills hire an experienced head coach who was a former head coach of the year.

Randy Cross should be fired for using his job as a bully pulpit. What a jerk.

587972[/snapback]

While I agree that Cross is an a-hole, his sentiments seem to be the "party line" from all of the national media types "following" the situation. Their opinions, ultimately, mean nothing at all...

i've never heard randy cross say anything original, intelligent, or insightful.

yet they pay him gobs of cash to speak.

the networks haven't a clue.

588154[/snapback]

Goes to show you to land a job like that...its not what you know...is who you are and who you know.

You can't fawn over the Packers because they picked up a 49er guy even though they made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years with their old coach, then turn around and fry the Bills after they were willing to give Malarkey another year. Your post doesn't clear up Cross' comments one bit. The Bills may be a mess but Malarkey had a lot to do with the mess seeing how he lost his team and was clearly over his head by mid season. Enough of blaming RW, how about Malarkey look in the mirror. He was the head coach, right?

588128[/snapback]

Where did I refer to or compare with the Packers ? And I did not intend to clear up Cross' comments. My point is merely that, what exactly did he state incorrectly ? This board goes ballistic whenever a national expert blasts the team. As fans, we support the team and are perenially optimistic. But as analysts, their job is to call it as they see it. If we are objective enough, we can see that he has made no comments that are blatantly incorrect or offensive.

Cross is suggesting that 5-11 is GOOD.  This is like 1984.  Winning is bad.  Losing is good.  Randy Cross = doublespeak.

PTR

588017[/snapback]

Well Cross is certainly not the only "expert" out there that would love to see the Bills willingly take a Doormat position in the NFL and be happy with it...Mort is another one...I still find Mort's "just not your Year" comments while he was outwardly backing TD and MM to be hilarious...These idiots are transparent...The Packers hire a 49ers Assistant...Cross loves the move cause he loves the 49ers...When an "expert" makes comments like Cross did, they should then get Tasker on and see what he thinks about the moves...Seems only fair... :angry:

Randy Cross is just anothe left coast douchebag that thinks he understands football. He's a fake-tanner, to boot. Can anyone say queer?

588058[/snapback]

I bet he waxes his bunghole! :angry:

/err...if no one read that thread in Off the Wall, this post probably seems really weird