Clements QB Coach for GB

Guest BackInDaDay
...thre is sooooo much he can teach Favre....

587302[/snapback]

Careful.

Read the writing on the wall before it fades.

Or better yet, check the skid marks in front of OBD.

Clements got thrown under the bus by the man who brought him to Buffalo.

When his 'buddy' Mularkey folded to front office pressure and shut down plan A (developing Losman) for plan B (backing into playoffs), Clements must have told him he didn't leave Pittsburgh to coordinate an offense around a 9 year journeyman QB. He left for the challenge of designing an offensive support system for Losman's development. Even with the early lack of success, I bet Clements thought he could get something working well by mid-season. It must have killed him to have all his work thrown out the window. You think Mularkey's lack of a sack went unnoticed by the players? There was blood in the water now, and all the vets were lining up to take their shots at caoching decisions.

These guys went from being tight, to Mularkey actually firing Clements. How the !@#$ does that happen? Bad blood, that's how.

Obviously, Mularkey couldn't look himself in the mirror after that. I take his resigning as HC as a step in the right direction for him. Ambition's cool, but not when it forces you to become a person you don't like. No, we'll probably never hear or read a word of it, but Clements most likely tried to stand his ground and was shot down.

Marv talks about hiring principled people to coach and play for the Bills.

Well Clements was just that, and Wilson, Donahoe and Mularkey hung him out to dry. Two of those guys are gone, but guess what, the most important one remains. Why do you think we can't get any good coaches in Buffalo? Wilson throws them out like worn out shoes.

When his 'buddy' Mularkey folded to front office pressure and shut down plan A (developing Losman) for plan B (backing into playoffs), Clements must have told him he didn't leave Pittsburgh to coordinate an offense around a 9 year journeyman QB.  He left for the challenge of designing an offensive support system for Losman's development. 

587960[/snapback]

This was Clements' first offensive coordinator position. I don't know that he had earned the right to tell Mularkey who should or shouldn't start at QB, especially with Losman's play as bad as it was. Also, I wouldn't exactly say Clements' playcalling was of such stellar quality that he was in a position to make those kinds of demands.