Medical miracle.....?

KD in CA

I remember a story about a guy who regained his eyesight after many years of being blind.

Turned out he had a brain tumor that was pushing on his optical nerves, which allowed him to see again. He unfortunately died from the tumor 3 months later.

Docs didn't know how he regained sight until they found the tumor. How the hell do you tell someone that they regained their eyesight, but they also have a brain tumor that is going to kill them pretty quickly.

Pretty interesting recovery.....there's still a lot of mystery out there.

I was blind but now can see

587023[/snapback]

Reminds me of a young Cassius Clay. Blind...and then he could see...

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:6MEuY_...lient=firefox-a

It was soon evident during the fight that Clay was just too fast for the plodding Liston. He was hitting him at will while the champion had trouble landing anything on a fighter who moved as fast as Clay did.

Cassius was winning the fight but as he went to his corner after the fourth round he started to shout, "I can't see, my eyes. Cut the gloves off, we're going home."

His trainer, Angelo Dundee, told him, "Forget the bull sh--. This is the heavyweight championship of the world and you're winning the fight." Dundee pushed Clay down, rinsed out his eyes with a sponge and pushed him into the ring as the bell sounded. "This is the big one, daddy. Stay away from him, run" were Dundee's parting words to his fighter.

Clay followed his instructions to the letter. By the sixth round his eyes had cleared up and he was able to resume the attack on a tiring Liston.