D'Brickshaw?? He looks small and thin

IndyMark

Up until last night, I had a life size picture of a pure, dominant and massive lineman, that some of the posters here write about (D'Brickshaw ....) as I had never seen this individual play.

Wow, I was very surprised to see him during reps in the one on one OL vs DL practice session via the NFL network. First, unless I was somehow distorted in my perception, he has twigs for legs and both of them were braced at the knee.

Second, a bull rush from some DL (obviously) made him airborne about 2 yards into the backfield.

He looked less than impressive and looked more like a late second round 'project'. Again, I only saw him for a handful of plays, but it was against similarly touted adversaries and he certainly looked out of place. The only other OL to look worse was one with a last name of 'Trueblood".

I say, stay away from either of those two in the first three rounds. They have 'project' and 'bust' written all over them.

Again, I know these are fighting words to some, but after all the hype here on this board, it was quite interesting to see such a disparity between the experts here and my own very eyes.

Up until last night, I had a life size picture of a pure, dominant and massive lineman, that some of the posters here write about (D'Brickshaw ....) as I had never seen this individual play.

Wow, I was very surprised to see him during reps in the one on one OL vs DL practice session via the NFL network.  First, unless I was somehow distorted in my perception, he has  twigs for legs and both of them were braced at the knee.

Second, a bull rush from some DL (obviously) made him airborne about 2 yards into the backfield. 

He looked less than impressive and looked more like a late second round 'project'.  Again, I only saw him for a handful of plays, but it was against similarly touted adversaries and he certainly looked out of place.  The only other OL to look worse was one with a last name of 'Trueblood".

I say, stay away from either of those two in the first three rounds.  They have 'project' and 'bust' written all over them.

Again, I know these are fighting words to some, but after all the hype here on this board, it was quite interesting to see such a disparity between the experts here and my own very eyes.

586611[/snapback]

Ah ! but the eyes--- they do decieve :doh:

1st- he is the only true LT in this draft.

2nd -his body type does not lend itself to being a pancake blocker in the running game ever.

3rd- He is very smart and uses leverage and his long arms to handle his running game blocks. He is effective in the running game.

4th - The players that are going to try and bull rush him are not DT's they are DE's and he will learn to handle this aspect of the game because of his work ethic.

5th- You always look for a LT to be a better pass blocker then a run blocker. He is one of the best pass blockers to come out in a very long time and those talents over ride any concerns that you might have of him and his run blocking.

Remember he is a different type of run blocker much more of a finese blocker but he is very effective and gets the job done.

You are right he is not your normal bulking, fat, out of shape O-lineman that we are used to seeing. IT's a shock that he is in shape. Where not use to that and neither are the scouts ! :doh::doh: