The Bills should try and go after Ron Rivera for

D' men

Who says its money? maybe he is looking for something else besides being a co-ordinator again. He is still gonna get paid if he sits out a year.

Oh wait I forgot, you were all there for the interviews and the contract negotiations and are Ralphs personnal accountants so you know he is cheap and won't pay high money for the coaches you want.

Who says its money? maybe he is looking for something else besides being a co-ordinator again. He is still gonna get paid if he sits out a year.

Oh wait I forgot, you were all there for the interviews and the contract negotiations and are Ralphs personnal accountants so you know he is cheap and won't pay high money for the coaches you want.

586410[/snapback]

We know what Lenny P said today. That the offer was less than what the Packers will pay Bates over the next 2 years.

We know what Lenny P said today.  That the offer was less than what the Packers will pay Bates over the next 2 years.

586419[/snapback]

I kind of like how TSW believes guys like Pasquarelli and Clayton only when they want to. Two weeks ago the ESPN reporters were getting ripped a new one.

I kind of like how TSW believes guys like Pasquarelli and Clayton only when they want to.  Two weeks ago the ESPN reporters were getting ripped a new one.

586481[/snapback]

Because they were speculating about who we would hire on our coaching staff, they werent speculating about Bates, Clayton said we made an offer, Lenny P said that the offer was lower than what he will make the final 2 years of the GB contract.

When they report news, we should listen, when they speculate or give opinions, they can be criticized, especially when wrong.

586410[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. Guys who make a living as "NFL insiders", and talk to NFL people all day, have no insight. They don't hear anything from people who know more than the average Wall poster. They are all making it up, year after year, to keep the Bills down....

The fact that Mike Mularkey was the 5th lowest paid HC in the leauge last season, but still had the distinction of being the highest paid coach in Bills history is purely coincidental. The fact that only 1 of the 15 HC's that Ralph Wilson has hired in his 46 years of owning the team, came to the team with a winning record, doesn't tell me anything. The fact that, of those 15 hires, only 4 came with HC experience, and only one of those four, with a winning record, makes me think not so much that Ralph is cheap, just sublimely wise in picking great head coaches. No way money was a factor, that is clear!

:doh:

I have to get my sarcasim button fixed, it has been taking a beating this week....

theres no way rivera could interview here and i like alot of other people feel cottrell isnt that great i believe his D's here were thanks to Wade and would rather risk it with someone who comes from a good DC's staff then take an old guy who used to be here

You are absolutely right. Guys who make a living as "NFL insiders", and talk to NFL people all day, have no  insight.  They don't hear anything from people who know more than the average Wall poster.  They are all making it up, year after year, to keep the Bills down....

The fact that Mike Mularkey was the 5th lowest paid HC in the leauge last season, but still had the distinction of being the highest paid coach in Bills history is purely coincidental. The fact that only 1 of the 15 HC's that Ralph Wilson has hired in his 46 years of owning the team, came to the team with a winning record, doesn't tell me anything.  The fact that, of those 15 hires, only 4 came with HC experience, and only one of those four, with a winning record, makes me think not so much that Ralph is cheap, just sublimely wise in picking great head coaches.  No way money was a factor, that is clear!

:doh:

I have to get my sarcasim button fixed, it has been taking a beating this week....

586937[/snapback]

The same "NFL Insiders" that are ripped apart and called hacks on here cause they post stuff people don't agree with or rumors they here?

I'm sorry I didn't realise someone on ESPN said that Ralph was cheap. It has to be true then.

As for previous head coaches, Should MM or GG have been paid higher? The past few coaching choices have been TD's choice and I would not have payed much more then they were payed. But I guess ralph Empty his bank accounts for the coaches cause they should be paid more.

The same "NFL Insiders" that are ripped apart and called hacks on here cause they post stuff people don't agree with or rumors they here?

I'm sorry I didn't realise someone on ESPN said that Ralph was cheap. It has to be true then.

As for previous head coaches, Should MM or GG have been paid higher? The past few coaching choices have been TD's choice and I would not have payed much more then they were payed. But I guess ralph Empty his bank accounts for the coaches cause they should be paid more.

587054[/snapback]

A lot of the "insiders" get their story wrong, because they are in a rush to beat eachother to a story. However, for like the last 25 years or so, the "insiders" have all been pretty consistent in indicating that money is an issue with the Bills owner....

Again, you are being inconsistant in your own argument. MM and GW (I assume that is what you meant by GG?) may not have been overpaid for the results, but if Ralph was as generous with a buck as you seem to be so sure he is (despite years of evidence to the contrary), neither Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams would have ever even have been interviewed for the Bills HC job, let alone hired for it....the Bills do not interview "name" coaching candidates with a proven track record, because there is not a chance that Ralph would ever pay them what their perceived value is. Why is it so hard to understand that?

Just because they come on the cheap, does not mean they won't have success...I am optimistic about Jauron and Fairchild....you can still be a "rah-rah" Bills fan, and be realistic...I think the Bills will turn it around, but I also think that Ralph Wilsons' frugal nature when it comes to hiring coaches, is a factor in who our coaches are....one doesn't have to cancel the other out!

Just because they come on the cheap, does not mean they won't have success...I am optimistic about Jauron and Fairchild....you can still be a "rah-rah" Bills fan, and be realistic...I think the Bills will turn it around, but I also think that Ralph Wilsons' frugal nature when it comes to hiring coaches, is a factor in who our coaches are....one doesn't have to cancel the other out!

587089[/snapback]

I agree, I mean what's it say when Sherman was one of the highest profile candidates we've ever interviewed for head coach? So we can't get a Joe Gibbs out of retirement, or sign 1 million dollar coordinators, MANY teams are in the same boat. People act like were the only team that underpays its coaches. It does suck, I'm not saying it doesn't, but too many coaches have gone on to have success without massive incomes for me to blame the money. It’s a factor, but so is hiring the right guy, and drafting the right players, both of which are areas we haven’t done very well in the last few years.

A lot of the "insiders" get their story wrong, because they are in a rush to beat eachother to a story.  However, for like the last 25 years or so, the "insiders" have all been pretty consistent in indicating that money is an issue with the Bills owner....

Again, you are being inconsistant in your own argument.  MM and GW (I assume that is what you meant by GG?) may not have been overpaid for the results, but if Ralph was as generous with a buck as you seem to be so sure he is (despite years of evidence to the contrary), neither Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams would have ever even have been interviewed for the Bills HC job, let alone hired for it....the Bills do not interview "name" coaching candidates with a proven track record, because there is not a chance that Ralph would ever pay them what their perceived value is.  Why is it so hard to understand that?

I think it's well-known that prior to the 1990's, Ralph was cheap. However after that, let's take a look at things WRT coaching. He had Levy until 1997 and Levy wasn't underpaid from what I recall. Then when he "retired," the Bills logically gave the job to Wade Phillips, who was the Bills' excellent DC and who had been a HC before. He lasted until the end of 2000. Then TD entered the picture. Having been burned by a strong HC in the past, it's ENTIRELY possible that TD was the one who was steering the Bills towards coordinators who he could control, and also pay less, thus being able to sell it to Ralph while ensuring he never had to suffer through another Pgh situation. And Ralph has been anything BUT cheap when it comes to FA's, so I don't see how anyone can say he's purposely being cheap with coaches. Why one and not the other?

IMO, Rivera lost a lot of his luster when he let the one dimensional Panthers destroy his defense by not directing extra attention to Steve Smith.

587150[/snapback]

Badol, how would you explain the Bills not going after Henderson, at the very least for DC?

From what I hear around these parts, DH was a favorite both to fans and players.

Badol, how would you explain the Bills not going after Henderson, at the very least for DC?

From what I hear around these parts, DH was a favorite both to fans and players.

587155[/snapback]

I don't know, but maybe it's because Jauron knows the guys he is interviewing and he doesn't know Henderson well? I think the reason he is reaching for this Fewell guy is because the Bears still do a lot of things that Jauron implemented(according to reports), so Fewell could probably come in and run Jauron's defense like Jauron wants it run.