Johnnie Lynn

Lofton80

Oversimplified answer: Lindy Infante's mindset vs. Dick Vermeil/MadMikeMartz's.

Both are hailed as offensive innovators, but I always thought DV/MMM did more to create mismatches Faulk could exploit -- lining him up wide, trying to get him out to the edge more often, etc. IMO, Infante (Colts OC, then HC) pigeonholed Faulk into more of a traditional RB role... he may have caught 50-some passes in most of his seasons under Infante, but I'd be willing to bet most of them were screens/dumpoffs.

Marshall's been one of my favorite players ever since ESPN started picking up his San Diego State games; he reminded me of Thurman, maybe even a little (gasp) better overall. (Faster, certainly.)

The game-breaking talent was always there, but I'm not sure he'd be a first-ballot Hall of Famer -- and there's no doubt about that, is there? -- had he spent much more time in Infante's offense.

Just my opinion...

589357[/snapback]

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I'd agree Marshall was probably better than Thurman. I've seen statistics to show the Rams' offense overall was better than the Bills' offense of the early '90s.