I reviewed the game tape.

Justice

DB is to blame for only half of the sacks given up. Blitz pick up is to blame for the other half.

DB stares his receiver down. Most QB's keep their heads on a swivvel but DB doesn't. It seems as though he is waiting on a receiver to get open when he should move on to his next read or two. Either the receiver isn't getting open or the pattern takes too long to develop when facing a blitz, which the Bills often do face. DB literally only sees half of the field, when in the meantime someone can be wide open on the other side of the field. This is easily correctable. DB needs to view his progressions quickly and maybe he needs to develop trust in the other receivers and not just E. Moulds. If a guy isn't open, move on.

The O-line did WELL when faced without a blitz. MM was working on blitz pick-up in practice on Wednesday so maybe they can get things straightened out.

DB is to blame for only half of the sacks given up. Blitz pick up is to blame for the other half.

DB stares his receiver down. Most QB's keep their heads on a swivvel but DB doesn't. It seems as though he is waiting on a receiver to get open when he should move on to his next read or two. Either the receiver isn't getting open or the pattern takes too long to develop when facing a blitz, which the Bills often do face. DB literally only sees half of the field, when in the meantime someone can be wide open on the other side of the field. This is easily correctable. DB needs to view his progressions quickly and maybe he needs to develop trust in the other receivers and not just E. Moulds. If a guy isn't open, move on.

The O-line did WELL when faced without a blitz. MM was working on blitz pick-up in practice on Wednesday so maybe they can get things straightened out.

42660[/snapback]

Wow, you should call Sam Wyche - I am sure he will learn a thing or two from your insightfulness :blink:

42660[/snapback]

Is this Greg Williams? :blink:

As I've said before, I don't think the line is as much at fault as Drew is and the backs are as far as sacks go. %75 of the sacks Drew has taken since he has been here are either from blitzes and coverage sacks, with a lot last year being coverage sacks.

Bottom line the Bills must find a way to beat the blitz and make teams pay for it. There must be more slants and crossing routes and screens run to take advantage of less coverage and we must get somebody other than Moulds involved. Moulds and Reed strength is suppose to be run after the catch, why aren't they given that opportunity more. It seems that Moulds only runs streaks and hitches; god knows what Reed is doing.

Overall, I think our personell is fine. Even the line is not as bad as some here believes. Hell if you stay on this site long enough you'd think the Bills were a bunch of bums like the 1990's Bengals/Clippers with no hope in site, ENOUGH SAID!

Many of the so-called "coverage" sacks are because Drew is so gun-shy that he won't throw the ball until the WR has a 5 yard cushion.

Drew needs to throw the ball on the WR break when the WR has position on the CB.

Even on the come back routes that he has completed, he has waited far too long to throw the ball.

As I've said before, I don't think the line is as much at fault as Drew is and the backs are as far as sacks go. %75 of the sacks Drew has taken since he has been here are either from blitzes and coverage sacks, with a lot last year being coverage sacks.

Bottom line the Bills must find a way to beat the blitz and make teams pay for it. There must be more slants and crossing routes and screens run to take advantage of less coverage and we must get somebody other than Moulds involved. Moulds and Reed strength is suppose to be run after the catch, why aren't they given that opportunity more. It seems that Moulds only runs streaks and hitches; god knows what Reed is doing.

Overall, I think our personell is fine. Even the line is not as bad as some here believes. Hell if you stay on this site long enough you'd think the Bills were a bunch of bums like the 1990's Bengals/Clippers with no hope in site, ENOUGH SAID!

42678[/snapback]

42660[/snapback]

And this is new how? He's been doing this since he has played in the league! He's a 12 year vet, do you really believe he is going to change? This is beyond coachign's ability to change.

42678[/snapback]

That's absolutely incorrect. Not sure what games you are watching, but it's not Bills games with Bledsoe in the backfield. Sorry...

Oh ye of too much faith.

Well there's the rub then. Somebody forgot to tell the offensive coaches that teams blitz in this league. But at least they're practicing it this week. :blink:

DB literally only sees half of the field, when in the meantime someone can be wide open on the other side of the field. This is easily correctable.

This has been easily correctable for two consecutive seasons. It must be the most difficult easily correctable problem ever faced by man.

Freak and obie_wan are completely correct.