Need Prayers For My Father

IDBillzFan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was his last fare.  Bastard drove me all over town...ran up the meter to over $40 (shouldda been a $20 fare...tops).  I gave him a c-note and he took off (I almost fell onto the street) like a bat-out-of-hell laughing like a hyena.

I'll keep him in my thoughts alright.

586067[/snapback]

:ph34r:

Bastages.... both of you....

My father has been ill for some time, suffering from mental lapses that aren't so much Alzheimers, but rather a version of it that recently had high hopes of eradication due to a radical genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase.

It worked for a while, but he's over 80 years old, and now, suddenly he is back to being forgetful, and in many cases is convinced he is Harry Chapin. He checked himself out of Thousand Oaks Medical Center and the last person to see him said he was driving a checkered yellow taxi headed for Hollywood yelling "Keep the change! Keep the change!"

If you could squeeze him in, I'd appreciate it.

(Oh, please. Do not take life so seriously.)

586002[/snapback]

You're a piece of sh--. Genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase is very painful and dangerous, both the illness it treates and the procedure itself, and not something to be made light of. I assume you're just an ignorant ass who doesn't know jack sh-- about genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase anyway, but anyone who'd make fun of genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase deserves to be thrown under a !@#$ing bus regardless.

You're a piece of sh--.  Genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase is very painful and dangerous, both the illness it treates and the procedure itself, and not something to be made light of.  I assume you're just an ignorant ass who doesn't know jack sh-- about genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase anyway, but anyone who'd make fun of genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase deserves to be thrown under a !@#$ing bus regardless.

586399[/snapback]

I think you missed the "(Oh, please. Do not take life so seriously.)" part. Words to live by.

LA- your father is added to my prayer list

Yeah.  Talk to me when someone you're close to goes through genetic ablation of inducible nitric oxide synthase.  Until then, shut the !@#$ up, moron.

586404[/snapback]

Don't take life so seriously. I sincerely doubt LA is making fun of his own father dying- have you checked his blog lately? Man you are one uptight mother!@#$er who feels compelled to impress people with their pseudo intelligence on a message board. Step off your soap box, take off your bow tie, take a deep breath and you will be alright. Life is way too short to be uptight!

BTW have you enjoyed a good Barolo or Amarone lately?

Don't take life so seriously.  I sincerely doubt LA is making fun of his own father dying-

586408[/snapback]

Thank you. Finally some common sense here. I can't believe his poor dad was driving, being 80 and so forgetful and whatnot. I hope he's okay. Otherwise, people may be going around asking what's the difference between LA's dad and pizza?

Pizza doesn't have glass in it.

Don't take life so seriously.  I sincerely doubt LA is making fun of his own father dying- have you checked his blog lately?  Man you are one uptight mother!@#$er who feels compelled to impress people with their pseudo intelligence on a message board.  Step off your soap box, take off your bow tie, take a deep breath and you will be alright.  Life is way too short to be uptight!

BTW have you enjoyed a good Barolo or Amarone lately?

586408[/snapback]

Speaking of dying fathers and Amarone...

I was given a 3 ltr bottle of Conte Di Bregonzo Amarone, a valp...2002, last week. I'm guessing it's nothing special (for an Amarone)....but it looks cool as hell. Waiting for a dinner party to bust the sucker open.

I've noticed lately, that Amarone's are harder to find than they used to be...WAY more expensive than they used to be...and , this may be due to the Amarone's I've tried being "lesser", not as BIG as I expect and like. One more question...what happened to the crooked necks?

Yes, I can google all this, and probably will. But, I prefer the personal touch. You know, word of mouth...from someone I've never met...on an internet site. :ph34r:

I was given a 3 ltr bottle of Conte Di Bregonzo Amarone, a valp...2002, last week.  I'm guessing it's nothing special (for an Amarone)....but it looks cool as hell.  Waiting for a dinner party to bust the sucker open. 

I've noticed lately, that Amarone's are harder to find than they used to be...WAY more expensive than they used to be...and , this may be due to the Amarone's I've tried being "lesser", not as BIG as I expect and like.  One more question...what happened to the crooked necks?

Yes, I can google all this, and probably will.  But, I prefer the personal touch.  You know, word of mouth...from someone I've never met...on an internet site.  :ph34r:

586412[/snapback]

If you can get your hands on an Amarone II Castei 97 BUY IT! 99s are great too but that 97 is heaven! And very hard to locate these days!

If you can get your hands on an Amarone II Castei 97 BUY IT!  99s are great too but that 97 is heaven!  And very hard to locate these days!

586413[/snapback]

I'm on a severe budget these days. Probably out of my range. Now...if I can find a way to expense it...hmmm. Thanks for the tip.

I was given a 3 ltr bottle of Conte Di Bregonzo Amarone, a valp...2002, last week.  I'm guessing it's nothing special (for an Amarone)....but it looks cool as hell.  Waiting for a dinner party to bust the sucker open. 

I've noticed lately, that Amarone's are harder to find than they used to be...WAY more expensive than they used to be...and , this may be due to the Amarone's I've tried being "lesser", not as BIG as I expect and like.  One more question...what happened to the crooked necks?

Yes, I can google all this, and probably will.  But, I prefer the personal touch.  You know, word of mouth...from someone I've never met...on an internet site.   :ph34r:

586412[/snapback]

Looks delicious! I have no idea what happened to crooked necks- my guess is that they disappeared 10 years ago or so. We must be getting old

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrennie/wine/wine.php?s=292

Looks delicious!  I have no idea what happened to crooked necks- my guess is that they disappeared 10 years ago or so.  We must be getting old

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jrennie/wine/wine.php?s=292

586418[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. I think I've had the regular 750 bottle from Trader Joes (don't remember the year) and it was...fine. Nothing to wirte home about. Didn't need overnight to breathe :ph34r: But, it was fine. Cool. Glad to see they gave it a "buy"...whoever they might be.

I don't pray because I am a heathen. So I will do nothing for your dad. But if there was a God, I would start on my knees with, "It was rainin' hard in Frisco..."

586406[/snapback]

...and then maybe "A Rainy Night in Georgia"? I always like "I Want to Go Outside in the Rain". But, I draw the line at "It's Raining Men". Damn you Paul Shaeffer!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts. We have been unable to find my father, however eyewitness accounts just outside of Barstow note that a checkered taxi was found out of gas and abandoned on the roadside, and two sets of footprint are found leading into the town. Apparently my father picked someone up, and by the looks of the hoof prints, it appears to be a women.

The only things found in the car were a roach in the ashtray, an unopened condom, an eight-track of Jerry Reeds' Greatest Hits looped to ""Westbound and Down," and a napkin sketch showing how to drive a semi.

If I hear more, I'll keep you posted.