Mel Chat - Info on Brick

VABills

Fred (Nashua, NH): Mel, the reports from the senior bowl are Mathias Kiwanuka is struggling. How bad has his stock been hit?

Mel Kiper: (1:22 PM ET ) I've been saying that all week. He was going up against D'Brickashaw and he got the best of Kiwanuka and neutralized him. Kiwanuka needs some technique work and needs to work on his counter moves. But he has great potential. He's not NFL ready right now. I do think he is a potential first round pick though.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10522

Fred (Nashua, NH): Mel, the reports from the senior bowl are Mathias Kiwanuka is struggling. How bad has his stock been hit?

Mel Kiper: (1:22 PM ET ) I've been saying that all week. He was going up against D'Brickashaw and he got the best of Kiwanuka and neutralized him. Kiwanuka needs some technique work and needs to work on his counter moves. But he has great potential. He's not NFL ready right now. I do think he is a potential first round pick though.

585859[/snapback]

Thanks for all of the Insider info VABills. I saw Kiwi vs. Brick a few times on the NFL Network and he did get man-handled. Seems like Ferguson will dominate the speedy DE's but I wonder how he'll be against the guys who bull rush him. Mel seemed pretty impressed with him so I imagine he can hold his own.

Thanks for all of the Insider info VABills.  I saw Kiwi vs. Brick a few times on the NFL Network and he did get man-handled.  Seems like Ferguson will dominate the speedy DE's but I wonder how he'll be against the guys who bull rush him.  Mel seemed pretty impressed with him so I imagine he can hold his own.

585874[/snapback]

I have watched a little of Brick this year, and I am impressed. However, and I know it isn't a glaring need, but if we somehow still have Hawk available to pick, I would forgo OL, DT, CB, and get him. He, IMHO, is the only for sure cannot miss draftee this year. The rest are good, solid, and the draft is deep, but Hawk, is far and away the best player available.

More words from Mel:

Virginia OL D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams were unquestionably the best players this week during the Senior Bowl practices. They were spectacular.

Ferguson displayed great hands, long arms and good feet. He was the best player on the field.

Seeing how everybody is talking senior bowl practice, the boys on nfl sirius were creaming their panties on some saftey from syracuse anthony thomas, I believe his name was ....

They were calling him an immediate impact player this year, said his stock was rapidly rising,

they wanted to compare him to Ronnie Lott but were holding off for now??

I don't follow college ball to close , could be wrong on the name.........

585859[/snapback]

Can the guy run block? I heard he wasn't that good at that phase of the game.