Have we come full circle?

30dive

I know your thinking to yourself what the hell is he talking about, but hear me out. In 1986 the Buffalo Bills Media guide featured its punter on the front cover (John Kidd), why the punter? Yes your right most teams have their QB, RB, coach or some other stud. In 1986 the Bills were so bad that the only thing they could hang their hat on was, yes their punter. So now in 2006 our lone selected Pro-Bowl player (I know our long snapper is now going too!) is our punter. Do I think we have a few other things we could hang our hat on this year yes, but let me go with this theroy......1986 top flight punter (ranked 4th all time - Bills) crapy previous season/s, villified head coach and in walks Marv Levy. So now fast forward 20 years to 2006 and look here we've got ourselves a top flight punter (and a pretty good long snapper too!), crapy previous season/s, villified head coach and in walks Marv Levy.

God I love stories with happy endings!

Cocky young QB, retread HC... the list goes on.

585625[/snapback]

fast forward a bit and we have...

a talented RB that had injuries in college that cauzed him to drop.

a wiley old veteran WR wearing #80

An up and coming youngster WR wearing #83

I know your thinking to yourself what the hell is he talking about, but hear me out.  In 1986 the Buffalo Bills Media guide featured its punter on the front cover (John Kidd), why the punter?  Yes your right most teams have their QB, RB, coach or some other stud. In 1986 the Bills were so bad that the only thing they could hang their hat on was, yes their punter.  So now in 2006 our lone selected Pro-Bowl player (I know our long snapper is now going too!) is our punter.  Do I think we have a few other things we could hang our hat on this year yes, but let me go with this theroy......1986 top flight punter (ranked 4th all time - Bills) crapy previous season/s, villified head coach and in walks Marv Levy.  So now fast forward 20 years to 2006 and look here we've got ourselves a top flight punter (and a pretty good long snapper too!), crapy previous season/s, villified head coach and in walks Marv Levy.

God I love stories with happy endings!

585623[/snapback]

Actual events that happened today in Bills History:

January 27, 1982 -- BOOKER MOORE HAS RECOVERED

Scouting director Norm Pollom announced that FB Booker Moore had completely recovered from Gullain-Barre Syndrome, which caused him to miss the entire 1981 season.

January 27, 1991 -- BILLS LOSE SUPER BOWL XXV

The Bills lost Super Bowl XXV to the NY Giants 20-19 at Tampa Stadium in front of 73,813 fans.

January 27, 1992 -- ANOTHER RALLY IN BUFFALO

A second consecutive 'Welcome Home' rally was held for the Bills in Buffalo, with about 10,000 fans in attendance.

January 27, 2001 -- MARV LEVY IS A HALL OF FAMER

Former Buffalo Bills head coach Marv Levy was selected to the class of 2001 of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.

Courtesy of BB.com

Actual events that happened today in Bills History:

January 27, 1982 -- BOOKER MOORE HAS RECOVERED

Scouting director Norm Pollom announced that FB Booker Moore had completely recovered from Gullain-Barre Syndrome, which caused him to miss the entire 1981 season.

January 27, 1991 -- BILLS LOSE SUPER BOWL XXV

The Bills lost Super Bowl XXV to the NY Giants 20-19 at Tampa Stadium in front of 73,813 fans.

January 27, 1992 -- ANOTHER RALLY IN BUFFALO

A second consecutive 'Welcome Home' rally was held for the Bills in Buffalo, with about 10,000 fans in attendance.

January 27, 2001 -- MARV LEVY IS A HALL OF FAMER

Former Buffalo Bills head coach Marv Levy was selected to the class of 2001 of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.

Courtesy of BB.com

586285[/snapback]

And for today....

From TwoBillsDrive.om

An estimated crowd of 20,000 showed their true red, white, and blue colors, in a downtown Buffalo rally. They braved the winter weather, chanting "We Want Scott!" in a welcome home rally for the Bills despite their loss in Super Bowl XXV by one point, after a missed field goal in the final seconds, by kicker Scott Norwood.