Fat Tax

Tux of Borg

well obviously there would be some kind of ship, but it would have to be an extra strong one to support all the future offensive linemen that are coming up

586440[/snapback]

such a ship would require considerable thrust to achieve orbit. i don't know if current technology could support such a massive effor.

however, if this ship could reach orbit it will need a capatain. the most logical captain for a ship full of fat people is of course James T Kirk :ph34r:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

such a ship would require considerable thrust to achieve orbit.  i don't know if current technology could support such a massive effor.

however, if this ship could reach orbit it will need a capatain.  the most logical captain for a ship full of fat people is of course James T Kirk :ph34r:

586441[/snapback]

lol

i hate star trek

by the way

picard > kirk

Come on people. The cigarette tax hasn't stopped people from smoking. The "sin tax" hasn't stopped people from drinking beer. Hell, toll roads in WNY havn't stopped people from driving as much (and the roads are still crap) You really think that adding an extra 50 cents to a McDonalds value meal, or an extra nickel to a twinkie is really going to have ANY affect?

And as AD said, the money won't go back to help teach nutrition, make "healthy food" cheaper or anything like that. It'll just line someone's pockets.

Why is this so hard for most people to figure out?!

You mean to keep the lazy, undisciplined, and stupid alive longer so they can suddenly become productive?  Right.

586462[/snapback]

well since it consists of about 60% of American population unless you really don't mind seeing a massive drop in GDP

tell me something, is it normal to you that a chicken sandwich with very little fat and a juice cost 8$ while a trio at mcdees with no nutritional value cost 6$. it costs way too much to eat healthy.

AD, I'm not saying that this is the direct solution to solving the obesity crisis but junk food is about as addictive as cigarettes, alcohol, gambling and the rest and it is at least a positive step towards trying to solve the problem.

well since it consists of about 60% of American population unless you really don't mind seeing a massive drop in GDP

tell me something, is it normal to you that a chicken sandwich with very little fat and a juice cost 8$ while a trio at mcdees with no nutritional value cost 6$.  it costs way too much to eat healthy.

No it doesn't. Fast food is simply a tool for the undisciplined so they have more time to sit on their ass and watch television. I take my lunch to work every day instead of eating out like 90% of my coworkers. Takes about 10 minutes to pack it, it costs less than the trip to AssDonalds or where ever, and is far better for me.

AD, I'm not saying that this is the direct solution to solving the obesity crisis but junk food is about as addictive as cigarettes, alcohol, gambling and the rest and it is at least a positive step towards trying to solve the problem.

586589[/snapback]

Horse crap. It won't change a damn thing except giving even more money and power to people who already have too much of both. It's the lazy person's way to try and influence other people's behavior and is the exact reason why government's continued power grab is so successful.

No it doesn't.  Fast food is simply a tool for the undisciplined so they have more time to sit on their ass and watch television.  I take my lunch to work every day instead of eating out like 90% of my coworkers.  Takes about 10 minutes to pack it, it costs less than the trip to AssDonalds or where ever, and is far better for me.

Horse crap.  It won't change a damn thing except giving even more money and power to people who already have too much of both.  It's the lazy person's way to try and influence other people's behavior and is the exact reason why government's continued power grab is so successful.

586634[/snapback]

bah

so i guess it's anarchy then