Rocketship7 Website

Yeah....I lived in Philley on three different occasions( tell me thats not scary!!)(though I do love alot about Philley)

not to mention I almost moved back a fourth time!

Is that wacky Don Polec still on TV there also?

What about Gary Papa?

Of course, they also were on TV in Buffalo before landing in Philley.

585718[/snapback]

Yep, Don Polec and Gary Papa are still there.

Yeah....I lived in Philley on three different occasions( tell me thats not scary!!)(though I do love alot about Philley)

not to mention I almost moved back a fourth time!

Is that wacky Don Polec still on TV there also?

What about Gary Papa?

Of course, they also were on TV in Buffalo before landing in Philley.

585718[/snapback]

Yep, Don Polec and Gary Papa are also still on Philly Channel 6.

Yep, Don Polec and Gary Papa are also still on Philly Channel 6.

585827[/snapback]

There is a Greg Papa in the Oakland/SF area who I believe is his brother. He is the radio voice of the Raiders, does Warriors and A's games also.

Yep, Don Polec and Gary Papa are still there.

585818[/snapback]

Did you know that Don Polec was the basis (albeit very loosely) of the Jim Carrey character Bruce Nolan in the film "Bruce Almighty?" Bruce was the "lighter side of the news" reporter for Channel 7, just like Don Polec was.

PTR

Did you know that Don Polec was the basis (albeit very loosely) of the Jim Carrey character Bruce Nolan in the film "Bruce Almighty?"  Bruce was the "lighter side of the news" reporter for Channel 7, just like Don Polec was.

PTR

586604[/snapback]

Makes sense. There's a guy here in the Bay area who used to do that same job at WKBW. His name is Henry Tenenbaum...but, in Buffalo, WKBW made him change his name to Henry Lawrence. They thought having Tenenbaum on the same newcast as Weinstein was too Jewish. :blink:

As for someone's qhestion about Greg Papa and Gary Papa, I always thought there were a few related Papas in broadcasting. Sorta like a mini Albert family. But i can't seem to verify that right now. (The wireless i steal at hom is running REALLY slow today. These people should really get something a little faster for me to steal.)

Greg Papa has great pipes (that's "voice", ya pervs), IMO.