LOST 2.12 Discussion Thread

UConn James

On that kind of note, a common thread between the characters is that they all have massive "daddy" issues.

Jack

Kate

Shannon

Locke

Sun

Jin

Walt

Aaron (the baby)

585652[/snapback]

Don't forget Sawyer. He qualifies as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have little insight into the overall story, but the one with traction for me is that they are in some kind of group therapy session. IT explains why each of them keeps getting intense visits from their past.

585652[/snapback]

I agree, as my signature points out. That would be very cool I think. Maybe it doesn't have to be as grandeois as a Matrix-like virtual reality. Rather, mybe it is group Hypnosis. THe last episode will be the group sitting in a circle waking up.

Finally got around to watching the episode, cuz i've been busy wednesday and thursday night. It was an ok ep, not much in advancing the story, but i am really disturbed with the trends we are seeing with locke.

Locke's taking too much of an active role to acquire "power" on the island. Contrast him with Jack, who doesnt necessarily want leadreship and power, but people just naturally gravitate toward him and listen to him. Locke is making an active push to control as much of the island as possible.

I didnt like him at the beginning of the show, then didnt like him when he killed boone. He sort of grew on me, but the old bad feelings about him are back.

Locke's taking too much of an active role to acquire "power" on the island. Contrast him with Jack, who doesnt necessarily want leadreship and power, but people just naturally gravitate toward him and listen to him. Locke is making an active push to control as much of the island as possible.

I didnt like him at the beginning of the show, then didnt like him when he killed boone. He sort of grew on me, but the old bad feelings about him are back.

586598[/snapback]

Agreed. He's had quite a change from being the intrepid hunter and tracker to now having a cushy office job in the hatch (see: doing the crossword). Basically, I don't think he minds Jack being the 'president' and setting an idealogical goal/course. But Locke wants control of the nitty-gritty of how to go about acheiving those goals. Jack wants protection from the Others. Locke is likely seeing how 'Zeke'/the Others pwned the small group and took their weapons, which will now, no doubt, be used against them. Jack is essentially going off on his own with Ana-Lucia to form his own 'army.' Locke changes the circumstances by changing the lock on the arsenal, giving him a lot of power, and it looks like it's all building toward that "Locke problem" Jack predicted.

Agreed. He's had quite a change from being the intrepid hunter and tracker to now having a cushy office job in the hatch (see: doing the crossword). Basically, I don't think he minds Jack being the 'president' and setting an idealogical goal/course. But Locke wants control of the nitty-gritty of how to go about acheiving those goals. Jack wants protection from the Others. Locke is likely seeing how 'Zeke'/the Others pwned the small group and took their weapons, which will now, no doubt, be used against them. Jack is essentially going off on his own with Ana-Lucia to form his own 'army.' Locke changes the circumstances by changing the lock on the arsenal, giving him a lot of power, and it looks like it's all building toward that "Locke problem" Jack predicted.

586806[/snapback]

well, that is the double entendre... We are going to have a "Locke" problem... Maybe it should be a "lock" problem, now that John has changed the lockes? :doh:

What's with these statues filled with heroin? Has anyone else noticed that the only way anyone has gotten to these drugs is to break the statue? How did the drugs get into that statues? The statues were already made before the drugs were put in them. Another thing I noticed is that Charlie had 6 statues before he broke one open, leaving 5. I was careful to count them because I was curious if the number of statues Charlie had was one of the numbers. When Locke was puting them in the safe, he locked up 7 statues? Where did Locke get the extra 2 statues?

Locke changes the circumstances by changing the lock on the arsenal, giving him a lot of power, and it looks like it's all building toward that "Locke problem" Jack predicted.

586806[/snapback]

I think Locke will ultimately do anything he can to stay on the island ("it's my destiny") out of fear he might loose the ability to walk and have a sense of control over how he lives his life. Given all the religious references in the show, I'm wondering if he might go "Judas" on them at some point, if it looks like they might find a way off the island.

well, that is the double entendre... We are going to have a "Locke" problem...  Maybe it should be a "lock" problem, now that John has changed the lockes?  :blink:

586912[/snapback]

gah!

The director put in a subtle metaphor when Locke was changing the lock...2 lock(e)s changing in one episode!

stretching? stretching?

584163[/snapback]

That was close.  I was afraid that Peter Pan dude was going to show up again.

587734[/snapback]

I no longer blindly open links posted on tbd. One has to be very careful or risk having to pour acid in ones eyes to clean them.

Be afraid, be very afraid.....

Did anybody hear/see anything about another plane crashing on the island during this episode? I certainly didn't catch it, but my brother told me that during a scene with Kate, in the background there is another plane crashing...

Can anyone confirm this?

Did anybody hear/see anything about another plane crashing on the island during this episode? I certainly didn't catch it, but my brother told me that during a scene with Kate, in the background there is another plane crashing...

Can anyone confirm this?

588018[/snapback]

I'm told that in Charlie's vision where he's told he needs to save the baby, a plane can be seen crashing in the background...i cannot confirm this though

I'm told that in Charlie's vision where he's told he needs to save the baby, a plane can be seen crashing in the background...i cannot confirm this though

588208[/snapback]

Oh, okay...that makes sense. Probably Eko's plane crashing then. My brother said it didn't happen during a "vision" which I found hard to believe. But that's probably what happened. Makes much more sense than a real plane crashing and no one catching it...

588208[/snapback]

Actually, it's there. It sounds like a propeller driven plane and immediately after it crashes, the dove flies by.