LOST 2.12 Discussion Thread

UConn James

It's a complex story going on w/ Charlie and Liam, contrasted with Eko and Aaron last week.

584104[/snapback]

What about Eko and Aaron? I must have missed something...

Other than Eko talking about Aaron's namesake and the baptism, what other interaction did Eko have with the baby?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of odd, does anyone think it was strange that Locke went Rocky on Charlie after Charlie stole Aaron again?

584158[/snapback]

The director put in a subtle metaphor when Locke was changing the lock...2 lock(e)s changing in one episode!

stretching? stretching?

I think Hurley's comment to Libby "don't I know you from somewhere?" is a setup for a future episode. 

584158[/snapback]

Hurley couldn't have stepped on Libby's foot, as he would have sat in his seat WAY before getting to hers (she's a tailie). She was trying to distract him from figuring out how he knows her

Speaking of odd, does anyone think it was strange that Locke went Rocky on Charlie after Charlie stole Aaron again?

584158[/snapback]

No...Locke had a slow burn building since he found out Charlie was carrying around the statue (a couple episodes ago).

I think most of it was dissapointment in Charlie and his own inability to save him (interesting that he used that line to Claire regarding Charlie's inability to save himself). Charlie stepped WAY over the line, he was justified in punching him.

As for Locke putting the statues away, I thought it was more for future use (never know when someone is going to need a pain killer -- especially with a war coming) rather than blackmail.

I think Hurley's comment to Libby "don't I know you from somewhere?" is a setup for a future episode. 

If Libby is a clinical psychologist, why isn't Charlie her client now?  While I liked the background about Charlie, I think it was a writer's oversight not to include Libby more in this episode (unless she's not really a psychologist, but another patient from Hurley's hospital).....Stranded away from civilization, you think that the tribe would use one of the clan's strengths to provide insight into Charlie's odd behavior...Speaking of odd, does anyone think it was strange that Locke went Rocky on Charlie after Charlie stole Aaron again?

584158[/snapback]

It was an obvious setup. She probably worked in the mental hospital that Hurley was in. Count that as one of my more anticipated flashback episodes. Why was he in there?

I was fuming a little when Locke clocked Charlie. And then, as everyone just kind of walked away (which was similar to everyone's turn-and-walk-away reaction when it was publicly aired in the S1 finale that Kate was a criminal). But Locke kind of has good reason for what he did. What Charlie didn't learn by being told to stay away, he might learn by being punched. Still, not liking the bad anima building b/w Locke and Charlie; it's headed somewhere.

What about Eko and Aaron? I must have missed something...

Other than Eko talking about Aaron's namesake and the baptism, what other interaction did Eko have with the baby?

584162[/snapback]

I was referencing Eko's brother Aaron, the priest who was killed. At least, I think that was his brother's name. Wasn't it? That's why he reacted the way he did when he found out the baby's name was Aaron.

Both of them have brothers who they tried to save and who tried to save them. Tho, this episode seemed to deal more with spiritual "saving" rather than from imminent physical harm.

I was referencing Eko's brother Aaron, the priest who was killed. At least, I think that was his brother's name. Wasn't it? That's why he reacted the way he did when he found out the baby's name was Aaron.

Both of them have brothers who they tried to save and who tried to save them. Tho, this episode seemed to deal more with spiritual "saving" rather than from imminent physical harm.

584172[/snapback]

Oooh...gotcha. Eko's brother's name was Yemi.

But yeah, I hear what you are saying (and agree). I just thought I missed a scene with Eko and the baby B-)

Overall I didn't really care for the episode.....

I wonder if baptisms of clair and the baby will result in the others wanting them? Baptism removes all previous sins, so now they are essentially good people.

I'm not so sure that Sun is being taken by the others.

Overall I didn't really care for the episode.....

I wonder if baptisms of clair and the baby will result in the others wanting them?  Baptism removes all previous sins, so now they are essentially good people.

I'm not so sure that Sun is being taken by the others.

584301[/snapback]

If Claire and her baby are now in fact "good people" does that imply that the Others will now come take them?

Why did Locke keep the statues in the arsenal?

And then, Charlie put his hood up in the last scene; a sign that he's going evil?

584104[/snapback]

Speaking about evil, what about when they cut to Locke at the end of the first scene where Charlie "sleepwalks" with the baby? Locke looked very demonic in that scene.

I agree about the statues - you never know when someone will need a narcotic class pain-killer.

I also agree this was an awfully thin episode. I was discouraged to read that ABC extended the casts contracts for a fourth season. It looks like we'll be seeing a lot more filler episodes so they can stretch the story line.

Then there's this piece of news also

And then, Charlie put his hood up in the last scene; a sign that he's going evil? (I'm referencing the first ep when they met the pilot and he was getting his drugs and he used the hood a lot back when he was using, and tonight right before he set the fire). His eyes had a pretty nasty stare there. And he's probably thinking about getting back at Locke.

584104[/snapback]

I can see it now, LOST: Season 3: Return of the Darth Charlie.

*Heavy Breathing after ingesting some herion* "Aaron, I am your adoptive father". B-)

Speaking about evil, what about when they cut to Locke at the end of the first scene where Charlie "sleepwalks" with the baby? Locke looked very demonic in that scene.

584382[/snapback]

I don't know if it's bad writing, or foreshadowing, but one week they paint Locke as a cuddly old grandpa making a crib, and then the next week he's clocking Charlie in the face. Notice how this week when he was "demonic" they had him a bit more stubbly and his head wasn't freshly shaven either.

And here's an out there theory....Libby is a spy for the Others. It's the only way to explain why she would disrobe in front of Hurley.

And here's an out there theory....Libby is a spy for the Others.  It's the only way to explain why she would disrobe in front of Hurley.

584530[/snapback]

she had to have been on the plane even if hurley didn't step on her

she knew he was out of breath, sweaty and had the headphones on when he rushed onto the plane

I don't know if it's bad writing, or foreshadowing, but one week they paint Locke as a cuddly old grandpa making a crib, and then the next week he's clocking Charlie in the face.  Notice how this week when he was "demonic" they had him a bit more stubbly and his head wasn't freshly shaven either.

584530[/snapback]

Why would it be bad writing? How hard is it to understand that you can be nice to some people and hate others?

Some more random thoughts about the episode...

Looks like were in for some repeats..."Numbers" is running next week, and in the previews, they only said "Next on Lost," with no date for the next new episode. :)

I definitely think that Libby was a doctor in Hurley's psych hospital. The interesting thing is that she didn't act surprised when she saw him (this should have been a few ep's ago). Who knows what kind of sh-- she subjected him to, and that's why she doesn't want him knowing who she is. Thinking further though...she must be pretty confident that he won't remember or she'd avoid him entirely. Maybe he was hyponotized...

I have a feeling the preview scene of Sun being "taken" may be from a far future ep where the Others known that Jack has plans of attacking them.

This episode was definitely a setup episode...too many story twists introduced and not concluded...Charlie going evil (?), Locke stowing the statues, the baptism thing, the Libby-Hurley thing, etc.

And where the hell has Sayid run off to? Talk about giving the guy some time off...maybe he's hanging with Rose and Bernard. 0:)

And where the hell has Sayid run off to?  Talk about giving the guy some time off...maybe he's hanging with Rose and Bernard.  :)

584586[/snapback]

He got a little screen time last night. First he was building a robot or something and then he warned everyone about the fire. I guess he's trying to stay away from AL so he doesn't kill her.