the phins next year

they've got an excellent staff and are coming off a 6 game winning streak. they also have a *lot* of talented players. if they get the qb position solved, look out.

the pats will be very good next year too - they aren't losing anyone except possibly the underrated givens, and they'll have a ton of guys back from injury. i'm sure they'll draft well too.

next year will be a rebuilding season for the jets, i've gotta conclude. guys are leaving and they don't have a qb. they'll also have a novice at coach and a new staff.

where's ty law going to end up? will mangini keep him? if not, would he be a good (and cheaper) replacement for clements? i thought he was one of the best cbs in the league this year. how about abraham and mawae?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they've got an excellent staff and are coming off a 6 game winning streak.  they also have a *lot* of talented players. if they get the qb position solved, look out.

583507[/snapback]

Sounds a little bit like us last year. We all know how that turned out.

they've got an excellent staff

583507[/snapback]

The TBD experts have been telling us how incompetent Mularkey is for the last 18 months. We have nothing to worry about because their offense won't be able to score with him calling the plays, right?

The TBD experts have been telling us how incompetent Mularkey is for the last 18 months.  We have nothing to worry about because their offense won't be able to score with him calling the plays, right?

583523[/snapback]

you never heard that from me. i think he's a very good offensive coach.

The Nick Saban/Fish boomlet is one of the most baffling things about the National Media's coverage of the NFL.

Let's consider their vaunted "six game winning streak": 4-win Oakland, 5-win Buffalo after the Bills blew a 21 point lead, the 9-win Chargers who were suffering a let-down game amidst the toughest schedule in NFL history, the 4-win Jets, the 4-win Titans, and the Matt Cassel & Co. New England Patiorts - who still took the Fish to the final play of the game! So, please don't talk to me about the "6 game winning streak", what people really mean is that they are projecting the Fish to be good solely on the basis of upsetting the San Diego Chargers on the road in a major, major, "let down" game for the Chargers - who were looking ahead to playing the undefeated Indianapolis Colts for their playoff lives the next week.

Meanwhile, conveniently forgotten in the Nick Saban lovefest is 22-0. To the Patriots? Nahh.... to the Cleveland Browns. Think about that for a moment.

To put it short-and-sweet, the 2005 Fish are the most over-rated NFL Team since..... well, the 2004 Buffalo Bills.

JDG

I personally think they have a great shot at the super bowl, i rank our division like this next year:

1.) Miami

2.) Pats

3.) Bills

4.) Jets

I am very worried about the phins

583513[/snapback]

You gotta put the pats at the top of the list. They're the AFC East champs until someone takes it from them. I think the list plays out exactly as it is at the end of this season.

I'm not particularly worried about the Phins next year.

The competitors for this Bills team, until they prove otherwise, are the Raiders/Texans/Ravens/Jets of the NFL. I see no reason to get worked up over how they'll do against teams competing for the division title.

mularkey will do better for miami than we did for us. Watch.

why? cuz he'll LEARN FROM SABAN how to

a. keep your players in the game when things look bleak

b. keep them focused when they have a lead

c. manage a game

d. manage the clock

e. challenge bad calls vs. not challenging

he'll also learn from Saban that you don't always do X because you think your opponent expects Y. That's a big part of the game, but NOT WHEN YOU HAVE 2nd AND GOAL FROM THE 1.

The Nick Saban/Fish boomlet is one of the most baffling things about the National Media's coverage of the NFL.

Let's consider their vaunted "six game winning streak":  4-win Oakland, 5-win Buffalo after the Bills blew a 21 point lead, the 9-win Chargers who were suffering a let-down game amidst the toughest schedule in NFL history, the 4-win Jets, the 4-win Titans, and the Matt Cassel & Co. New England Patiorts - who still took the Fish to the final play of the game!  So, please don't talk to me about the "6 game winning streak", what people really mean is that they are projecting the Fish to be good solely on the basis of upsetting the San Diego Chargers on the road in a major, major,  "let down" game for the Chargers - who were looking ahead to playing the undefeated Indianapolis Colts for their playoff lives the next week.

Meanwhile, conveniently forgotten in the Nick Saban lovefest is 22-0.    To the Patriots?  Nahh.... to the Cleveland Browns.  Think about that for a moment. 

To put it short-and-sweet, the 2005 Fish are the most over-rated NFL Team since..... well, the 2004 Buffalo Bills.

Good post. And Mularkey is a big downgrade from Linehan. Don't know about Capers. He hasn't really done much defensively in awhile.

Let's consider their vaunted "six game winning streak":  4-win Oakland, 5-win Buffalo after the Bills blew a 21 point lead, the 9-win Chargers who were suffering a let-down game amidst the toughest schedule in NFL history, the 4-win Jets, the 4-win Titans, and the Matt Cassel & Co. New England Patiorts - who still took the Fish to the final play of the game!  So, please don't talk to me about the "6 game winning streak", what people really mean is that they are projecting the Fish to be good solely on the basis of upsetting the San Diego Chargers on the road in a major, major,  "let down" game for the Chargers - who were looking ahead to playing the undefeated Indianapolis Colts for their playoff lives the next week.

Meanwhile, conveniently forgotten in the Nick Saban lovefest is 22-0.    To the Patriots?  Nahh.... to the Cleveland Browns.  Think about that for a moment. 

JDG

583531[/snapback]

i think the point is that they have a lot of talent, and they actually improved over the course of the season. moreover, you can't tell me that saban isn't an excellent coach. they beat the teams they were supposed to beat, and they improved. sometimes, you know, that's a predictor of further improvement, and not an indicator that they'll be 5-11 next year.

JDG

583531[/snapback]

OMG somebody has been reading my posts.

Miami is 14th on my list of concerns behind the Pats, and about a dozen concerns I have for the Bills.

i think the point is that they have a lot of talent, and they actually improved over the course of the season. moreover, you can't tell me that saban isn't an excellent coach.  they beat the teams they were supposed to beat, and they improved. sometimes, you know, that's a predictor of further improvement, and not an indicator that they'll be 5-11 next year.

583672[/snapback]

Why *can't* I tell you that Saban isn't an excellent coach? Is it because of his whopping 9-7 record this past season?

And please tell me if Cleveland was one of the teams they weren't supposed to beat?

I'll be honest, and I'm *not* going to say that Saban is definitively not an excellent coach. I will say, however, that Nick Saban did *not* demonstrate that he is an excellent coach this past season.

Let's be honest here. If Matt Kassel completes his last pass against Miami, there is *no* six game winning streak, the Dolphins finish 8-8, and there probably isn't much of a Nick Saban boomlet among Peter King, Len Pasquarelli, and the rest of the National Football Media. And its pure garbage anyways that Belichick was playing Matt Kassel, as he *should* have been fighting for the #3 seed and a realistic opportunity to host the AFC Championship Game. But it is what it is, and so please forgive me for not fawning over Nick Saban's ability to beat Matt Kassel.

JDG

Let's be honest here.  If Matt Kassel completes his last pass against Miami, there is *no* six game winning streak, the Dolphins finish 8-8, and there probably isn't much of a Nick Saban boomlet among Peter King, Len Pasquarelli, and the rest of the National Football Media.  And its pure garbage anyways that Belichick was playing Matt Kassel, as he *should* have been fighting for the #3 seed and a realistic opportunity to host the AFC Championship Game.    But it is what it is, and so please forgive me for not fawning over Nick Saban's ability to beat Matt Kassel.

JDG

583812[/snapback]

Yeah - funny that Bellicheck plays Kassel vs. the Fish in a quasi-meaningless game. But the week before in a game of the same importance vs. the Jets, Tom Brady is running QB sneaks with a minute left when the game is over. That tells you something.