Our Only Hope With Jauron. . .

Our only hope to have success with Jauron is that Chicago and Detroit were just BAD football teams. . . and it wasn't his fault.

There clearly is evidence of this, as Detroit has never been good, and Chicago just had their first good year since Jauron's 13-3 season. One gets the feeling that next year the Bears could slip to 6-10 or so, just like Jauron's team did the following year.

I'm praying that this was the case. . . however, there is always a fly in the ointment. . . our team is a bad team right now as well.

Our only hope to have success with Jauron is that Chicago and Detroit were just BAD football teams. . . and it wasn't his fault.

There clearly is evidence of this, as Detroit has never been good, and Chicago just had their first good year since Jauron's 13-3 season. One gets the feeling that next year the Bears could slip to 6-10 or so, just like Jauron's team did the following year.

I'm praying that this was the case. . . however, there is always a fly in the ointment. . . our team is a bad team right now as well.

583224[/snapback]

"our only hope".........ohhhhhhh, the drama!

he's a football coach, that is what he does, he has coached some good teams, he has coached some bad teams, and he will coach this team........there are a lot of factors that will go in to whether this team will make the playoffs this year or be watching in january once again........the coach is one factor, not the only factor........last time i checked the players mattered a little bit as well.......so does the GM, and injuries, and bounces, and the competition.......

"our only hope".........give me a break.......

he's a football coach, that is what he does, he has coached some good teams, he has coached some bad teams, and he will coach this team........there are a lot of factors that will go in to whether this team will make the playoffs this year or be watching in january once again........the coach is one factor, not the only factor........last time i checked the players mattered a little bit as well.......so does th GM, and injuries, and bounces, and the competition.......

583231[/snapback]

Dude, give it a break

he's a football coach, that is what he does, he has coached some good teams, he has coached some bad teams, and he will coach this team........there are a lot of factors that will go in to whether this team will make the playoffs this year or be watching in january once again........the coach is one factor, not the only factor........last time i checked the players mattered a little bit as well.......so does the GM, and injuries, and bounces, and the competition.......

583231[/snapback]

"Football coaches coach. . . he's coached some good teams, he's coached some bad teams. . . he'll coach this team. . ."

Do you have any more of these great tidbits of wisdom for us?

583224[/snapback]

Suppose they were. Do you really think that this Bills team is better?

583224[/snapback]

There's no way you can pin Detroit on DJ, he only mopped up the mess.

I think we have to kind of suspend judgment and take him on faith and hope he performs well. No way we can color his record into anything that would give evidence he has performed well overall as head coach. The win-loss record over five years of coaching is not something he can get around. He did have that coach of the year season and maybe he's got something ML is seeing and we aren't. This is a real leap of faith in the face of lots of evidence that we made a mistake, but let's just wait and see. Many years ago I remember telling a first shirt, "You can make us eat sh--...but you can't make us say it tastes good."

I think we have to kind of suspend judgment and take him on faith and hope he performs well.  No way we can color his record into anything that would give evidence he has performed well overall as head coach.  The win-loss record over five years of coaching is not something he can get around.  He did have that coach of the year season and maybe he's got something ML is seeing and we aren't.  This is a real leap of faith in the face of lots of evidence that we made a mistake, but let's just wait and see. Many years ago I remember telling a first shirt, "You can make us eat sh--...but you can't make us say it tastes good."

583504[/snapback]

Granted, that's all we can do now. Basically, keep our fingers crossed and hope he is better than what he has shown so far. But, the fan base is going to be all over him if this team gets off to a slow start/ has a bad season next year. It could get real ugly at The Ralph some Sundays. I hope he's got a rhino-thick skin if this team bombs.

He ran their defense all year, right? How good was that stuff?

583498[/snapback]

Other than Pro-Bowler Shaun Rogers and his 5.5 sacks, who did they have? Kenoy Kennedy with his 2 INTs? Dre' Bly with his 6 INTS. That's pretty much it.

And despite the dirth of defensive talent, they finished a respectable 13th versus the pass and several spots ahead of Bflo's defense against the run. Given the talent level of the individuals on our underachieving defensive unit perhaps you'll be at least a little bit open to the possibility that he did a pretty decent job, given the 8 pedestrian players that started for him.

The bottom line is that coaches can only do so much. No matter how good of a coach you are, you're stuck with the limitations of the players you have to coach.