Nice Job Sabres! And a question for the

stevestojan

Quality win for the Sabres tonight... way to end the losing "streak" :ph34r:

Anyway, a question. (and I had no idea how to word it to get an answer in google) Also, the answer may be very obvious, but whatever...

Has a team ever gone an entire full season without putting up one shutout? The Sabres are kicking ass, but I figured every team has to get AT LEAST one just by chance...

Anyone know?

(like I said, the answer could be obvious, like "hell, there were 5 teams last year that didn't tally a shut out"..)

Just curious.

Yup, what Darin said. I'll add that it's not a "thing" really. If an NFL team fails to score a rushing TD all year, that's a "thing." An NHL team going a season without getting a SO isn't the norm, but it's not totally unheard of either.

Tonight just pisses me off,,,

I am in NYC on business, I'm staying in freakin Times Square, and I am an idiot for not knowing the Swords were in town.

I could have gone to this game...

I am an idiot.

I did get to watch it on TV though..........

Very nice win.  And they made sure to make it exciting by allowing that 2 on 1 in the last 30 seconds.... :ph34r:

582787[/snapback]

That made me nervous thats for sure!

Big 4 point swing in the standings...with some of the teams in the East flying up on the backend of the Top 8 (NJ, Atlanta to a point)...its impreative the Sabres keep getting points now before the schedule gets real rough

That made me nervous thats for sure!

Big 4 point swing in the standings...with some of the teams in the East flying up on the backend of the Top 8 (NJ, Atlanta to a point)...its impreative the Sabres keep getting points now before the schedule gets real rough

582790[/snapback]

Sabres even getting props from the Rangers announcers (Davidson is usually pretty good).

Yes it would be big if they could hold onto 4th place. But even if they fall a bit, anywhere in the top 6 gives them a chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

Dick Jauron's Record:

35 - 46 (.432)

If you don't include the 2001 season:

22 - 43 (.338)

Are you F---ING KIDDING ME???

582791[/snapback]

Hey, if you don't include those 35 games when his team happened to score more than the other team, he is 0-46! Off with his head!