Ted Washington on 103.3?

Billsjunkie

Letting Big Ted go the first time was one of the biggest mistakes in our history.....

We need run pluggers.....and yes he could anchor while Adams did his thing....

ALSO....it would free up that 7th overall pick to pick up Mario should he drop that far.

We need these kinds of players.....sign him to a 1 year contract

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to NFL.com, he was born in April of 1968...wouldnt that mean he's 38 now and will be 39 in April?

The fact still remains...he is OLD.

582068[/snapback]

Nope, 37 going on 38.

Unless you come from an Asian culture in which case he would be 38 going on 39 (babies are considered 1 when born).

If he can still stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs, that's all I care about.

Despite my brain-fart doing simple subtraction, the fact still remains...37 is insanely old for a grunt O-Line/D-Line player.  Now I know all Ted really has to do is take up space, but unless he comes uber-cheap, I'd pass on him.

582099[/snapback]

no way, the DT position is important. What do you want us to save our cap space for? undersized WRs and white high motor DEs? the fact is, the most important postions to spend the cash on are the lines.

Someone reported on the official bills message board the same story.  Basically the poster said Ted hated the Raiders and all they did was talk BS (The leader of this was Sapp of course).  Ted also said that Jauron knows how to run a team and that DJ commanded a great deal of respect from anyone that came in conact with him.  And yes the post said, he'd love to come play for him in Buffalo.

582087[/snapback]

Well, if nothing else, it makes me feel better about DJ as HC....thanks go out to you & the OP.

no way, the DT position is important.  What do you want us to save our cap space for?  undersized WRs and white high motor DEs?  the fact is, the most important postions to spend the cash on are the lines.

582107[/snapback]

I just said I'd pass on Ted Washington, I never said anything about ignoring the lines. In fact, I've said in a bunch of posts I want to see most of our FA attention be spent on signing one solid DT (coupled with drafting Ngata) and bringing in at least two new starters for the O-Line.

I'm just not a fan of bringing in Ted Washington at his age.

Ted, for whatever he has left, is still a big thing to knock over. He may just be a clog in a sewage pipe these days, but an offense better get around that clog. And no one can ever pin a rap on him as not being a player.

582115[/snapback]

Yes, I think he would still be a step up from Bannan or the Sapester. :lol:

Ted, for whatever he has left, is still a big thing to knock over. He may just be a clog in a sewage pipe these days, but an offense better get around that clog. And no one can ever pin a rap on him as not being a player.

582115[/snapback]

It'd be nice to see a trio of Spikes, Fletcher, and Crowell flying around and making plays behind a couple of wide-bodies like Adams and Big Ted, wouldn't it?

The thing is....regardless of what he has left as a penetrating DT.....Big Ted would bring Sam Adams back to the Pro Bowl....

Anchor - Big Ted

Freelancer - Sam Adams

You shut down the inside running game of other teams and force them to go wide.....now you have one of the best linebacking cores in the NFL going sideline to sideline shutting that down.

Bring in a pass rusher to go opposite Shrobel from the draft and our defense could have a huge turnaround next year.

It'd be nice to see a trio of Spikes, Fletcher, and Crowell flying around and making plays behind a couple of wide-bodies like Adams and Big Ted, wouldn't it?

582131[/snapback]

It sure would. The days of the big, attention-getting sacks by DT's is pretty much gone. But 'ol Ted helped every club he worked for. I'd like to see him get some serious HOF consideration down the road. He's one of those that helps other defensive players shine.