Too old to wear a jersey?

shrader

Las weekend, someone gave me crap for wearing a BU hockey jersey to a BU game. She said something like 'only the students should wear jerseys'. My question is, do you think there is a point where you are officially too old to wear a jersey?

Obviously, I have no problem with people wearing jerseys to games, other than basketball jerseys, which look ridiculously stupid. Football and hockey jerseys are fine, as long as you're not wearing them in public all the time.

Las weekend, someone gave me crap for wearing a BU hockey jersey to a BU game.  She said something like 'only the students should wear jerseys'.  My question is, do you think there is a point where you are officially too old to wear a jersey? 

Obviously, I have no problem with people wearing jerseys to games, other than basketball jerseys, which look ridiculously stupid.  Football and hockey jerseys are fine, as long as you're not wearing them in public all the time.

581705[/snapback]

I think the only real requirement for the wearing of a jersey is a torso. If you have a torso, you're fine.

Las weekend, someone gave me crap for wearing a BU hockey jersey to a BU game.  She said something like 'only the students should wear jerseys'.  My question is, do you think there is a point where you are officially too old to wear a jersey? 

Obviously, I have no problem with people wearing jerseys to games, other than basketball jerseys, which look ridiculously stupid.  Football and hockey jerseys are fine, as long as you're not wearing them in public all the time.

581705[/snapback]

Well, a snappy reply to the snotty young thing would be "I see your point. I think that students should pay full freight for their own education and not try to get loans subsidized by old taxpayers". :doh:

My heart goes out to the poor schmuck that marries that little darling... :D

Does anyone actually want to act their age?

In the immortal words of our esteemed modern-day philosopher, David Wooderson:

"The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N."

Well, a snappy reply to the snotty young thing would be "I see your point. I think that students should pay full freight for their own education and not try to get loans subsidized by old taxpayers". :)

My heart goes out to the poor schmuck that marries that little darling... :lol:

581791[/snapback]

I wouldn't say she's young, probably at least 10 years older than me, but yes, I feel sorry for anyone that does marry her.

you should've taken her home and shagged her

while wearing your jersey

582194[/snapback]

Absolutely not. The only reason I was even around this one was because she's a friend of a friend.

A stranger gave you crap for wearing a jersey?

She should STFU.

Maybe she could not afford her own on Daddy's allowance. :ph34r:

Last weekend, someone gave me crap for wearing a BU hockey jersey to a BU game.  She said something like 'only the students should wear jerseys'.  My question is, do you think there is a point where you are officially too old to wear a jersey? 

581705[/snapback]

581705[/snapback]

Boston University. That's all you had to say. I lived in Allston at Packards Corner for five years. Rich kids with no brains.

Boston University.  That's all you had to say.  I lived in Allston at Packards Corner for five years.  Rich kids with no brains.

582598[/snapback]

Funny because that description doesn't fit me at all. Anyway, this was a BC fan, but she does know hockey.

581705[/snapback]

I have never been a jersey guy but I can tell you a little ditty that may help. Two years ago, at my company Xmas party, one of my fellow employees showed up in a FUBU jersey with his wife. Everyone stared and made snide comments. I guess wearing a jersey to a function at LOCUST HILL wasn't exactly good judgement. Then again, marrying the neighbor hood prostitute (yep, he did) wasn't good judgement either.

I guess the moral of the story is if you are going to wear a jersey don't bring your prostitite wife with you unless you are going to share. :)