okay...now we have a coach

I just finished Doris Kearn's Goodwin's book "A Team of Rivals" about Lincoln and his cabinet. Lincoln was probably a worst pick than Jauron. His rivals by any standards were better on paper and from experience for the position of President. As it turned out he was the best of them all, in fact hiring many of his rivals as "Assistant Coaches" to cabinet positions. On reflection, despite the fact that I do not in any way see any reason to hire this guy...he's the coach and I'm pulling from him to hire first rate people and show leadership.

I just finished Doris Kearn's Goodwin's book "A Team of Rivals" about Lincoln and his cabinet.  Lincoln was probably a worst pick than Jauron.  His rivals by any standards were better on paper and from experience for the position of President.  As it turned out he was the best of them all, in fact hiring many of his rivals as "Assistant Coaches" to cabinet positions.  On reflection, despite the fact that I do not in any way see any reason to hire this guy...he's the coach and I'm pulling from him to hire first rate people and show leadership.

581504[/snapback]

Two things,

1)just bought the book and it will be next on reading list, just starte that sabres book "Counsel in the crease"

2) Dick Jauron will be seen in six years as the most "inspired" pick of all the coaches this year( really only saying that cause I'm sick of media calling varios coaching hires'inspired", what the hell is an inspired pick anyway)

My thoughts are lets see what the guy has, hopefully he learned from his first go round, and go bills