The OC and DC are going to make or break Jauron.

The_Real

Bills can't afford to miss on the two selections in my opinion. The most important selection this offseason is a strong Offensive Coordinator. These guys have looked horrible for too long and it's time to really try to get a great offensive mind in here. For that reason alone I wanted Mike Sherman in Buffalo because I thought he could really help fix the offense. He's not and it sucks but me and the rest of the Bills' nation need to move on. I can't really think of who should be at this point but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Any chance you could convince Mike Sherman to be our OC if he gets passed over by the Raiders? He'd probabily be out of work unless he takes a job doing a similar role with someone else. It would be a nice runner up prize to the Bills but I know the chances of that are highly unlikely. Just a thought.

Anyways. who are your choices and why.

Thanks,

T_R

Bills can't afford to miss on the two selections in my opinion.  The most important selection this offseason is a strong Offensive Coordinator.  These guys have looked horrible for too long and it's time to really try to get a great offensive mind in here.  For that reason alone I wanted Mike Sherman in Buffalo because I thought he could really help fix the offense.  He's not and it sucks but me and the rest of the Bills' nation need to move on.  I can't really think of who I think should be either at this point but I'd like to hear what you guys think. 

Any chance you could convince Mike Sherman to be our OC if he gets passed over by the Raiders?  He'd probabily be out of work unless he takes a job doing a similar role with someone else. It would be a nice runner up prize to the Bills but I know the chances of that are highly unlikely.  Just a thought.

Thanks,

T_R

581379[/snapback]

OC: Norv Turner: I believe he's still available, and if so he is the most qualified man for the job. Some guy's just don't make good head coaches, perhaps the additional responsibilities become too much. But when you break the role down to just coordinator these same HC bums can flourish. Turner is one of those guys. He's shown time and time again that he can build an offense with different types of players, and always features a strong ground game. I really think he could bring instant credibility to this offense as soon as we have a QB that separates from the pack.

DC: Mike Singletary: I mentioned him a few weeks ago and was quickly shot down saying we wouldn't have a chance. I don't understand why that is? His role in San Francisco is no bigger then DL's was here when he made the switch to Pitts DC. He also has head coaching aspirations with NO experience as a coordinator or head coach at any level. You just don't see many guys elevate to head coach status without that on their resume, and he would even be armed with some decent talent to work with. Singletary brings intensity, great leadership, and incredible character as a coach and a person and would make an excellent defensive coordinator for the Bills.

581379[/snapback]

I'd like to see an OC who has experienced success in more than one "system." I don't know who that guy is, but that would be my preference. Too many guys get locked into one particular mindset, and I believe we need someone with a flexible and open mind, constantly looking for ways to get the most out of our personnel -- and NOT trying to force personnel into a "system."

Jauron better damn well keep Bobby April around. That should be the easiest decision in history.

For DC, again, I want a guy with a track record. It's time for the Bills to build a staff similar to what Vermeil did when he went back to St. Louis. Forget trying to find the next young superstar -- go with experience.

DC: Mike Singletary: I mentioned him a few weeks ago and was quickly shot down saying we wouldn't have a chance. I don't understand why that is? His role in San Francisco is no bigger then DL's was here when he made the switch to Pitts DC. He also has head coaching aspirations with NO experience as a coordinator or head coach at any level. You just don't see many guys elevate to head coach status without that on their resume, and he would even be armed with some decent talent to work with. Singletary brings intensity, great leadership, and incredible character as a coach and a person and would make an excellent defensive coordinator for the Bills.

581381[/snapback]

LeBeau was a free agent when he left.

JDG

FWIW, I think I heard Sherman had no interest in OC jobs; he'd rather take a year off (with pay) instead, maybe even do some broadcasting...

Believe that was from Adam Schefter, on last night's Total Access.

Agreed . Donnie Henderson for DC and maybe even Heimerdinger for OC if he is that PO'd with the Jets.  Henderson is very good I think and with Parrish , evans and McGahee I think we have better weapons that the Turbo props gave Heimerdinger this year.

581746[/snapback]

Heimerdinger's offense was not well suited for Pennington and the Jets. He needs a QB who can air it out. We've got that. I'd be happy with him if Sam Wyche is not an option.