madden 2005

meazza

anybody been playing this game? i just got it recently and all i can say is BLEDSOE SUCKS in the game im sorry i just like keep trying to win with him but i cant well i dont know what i tis

i mean my defence is soooo dominating interception/sacks and yet when im on offence i cant move the ball and not even the running game

i made 2 transactions

i went and get the Center from Denver (dont remeber the name)

and i traded mcgahee to get rid of his salary

now im trying to get rid of bledsoe and start losman but the fans are pissed off at me in the game

what do i do???? im stuck with a 10 million qb that cant complete a pass

even when i simulate teh game he throws 3-4 interceptions

I have the PC version and I like it. My first seaon so far is eeirely similar to the real life Bills season so far, at least after my first season game. My preseason was 0-3-1. The first game was so much like the Bills first real game with the Jags. I held the lead for most of the game in a defensive struggle 17-10 when the Jags got the ball with just over two minutes left. I felt okay about it because my d handled them nicely all game. I was playing a 4-3 then Nickle combo all game and it worked great but then, since I figured Leftwitch was going to go exclusively to the air I went exclusively to the Nickel. Well Leftwitch started completing passes and converting third downs all the way inside my ten. Then they got a first down at my one and my D held them for three downs until fourth down on the last play of the game and Fred Taylor took it in. Then, to my surprise, doesnt Del Rio go for the two point conversion and the win? And do not, in true Bills style, the d gives up the two pointer for the loss? I know it happened differently in the real game but hell it is kinda the same thing. Anyway meazza Bledsoe wasnt too bad in the first game. I think he was 14 or 29 and 196 yds. 2tds and 0 ints. I think he did get sacked 4 times though. YOu may want to turn down the int slider in you ai menu. Madden tends to go overboard on pics for some reason. At least thats the way it is in the PC version.

I played out bledsoe for the first season, then traded him for the #1 pick overall in the draft, and henry for the #2 overall in the draft.  Got 2 linemen, dumped big mike, and now i have loseman throwing for 4000 yards and mcgahee running for 2000.

42493[/snapback]

What difficulty setting?? Im playing All Pro. As delightful as those stats would be, realism is important as well. :blink:

Well, i cranked those out on pro, then set it to all madden for the playoffs and won, all in squeekers. Now, i'm on my next season, first at all madden, and haven't played a game. Catch me around 10am on saturday and i'll be in week 3 or something. It's not exactly the most real way to play the game, but i've used that formula forever. Either trade away the 2 established RB and QBs and go with the backups, or release and draft, build them up for one year, then crank up the difficulty.

Did you try to Create your own Playbook?? That REALLY helped me on Offense!

Got Tiger Woods 2005 yesterday so I shelved Madden for a couple days... B)

42484[/snapback]

How's the new Tiger Woods game? I love that commercial when he keeps sinking in the trap, hits the ball and the wind and rain start up dropping the ball right back at his feet. I just get a chuckle out of that for some stupid reason. :blink:

I play on All-pro, in my third season and Bledsoe is up to a 98 overall and has lead the league in every QB category every year, won Best QB every year and the last season and a half he split time with Losman and he still gets the stats. Both he and Losman make the pro-bowl. I average about 6-7 INTs a year, that is really good. you have to read the defense more this year, don't blame a computerized Bledsoe when you are the one pushing the buttons. It is harder, but keep playing you will find your way. The first games I played were EXTREMELY tough, but once I found some plays that worked and learned what I had to read in the defense for which plays, it got easier. Keep playing and you'll be fine.

if you keep run certain plays and get good numbers eventually, your line improves... I have the same line with the exception of my left tackle (E. Salam) that I got from Jacksonville... my line has improved every year and are good enough. Henry has won the league MVP every year so far. The line has it's moments, don't get me wrong, but overall they become pretty decent. You have to pick the right plays... I've only found like 3 maybe 4 running plays that work... still not every time, but a good chunk of the time. And if you can get the defense to shift and then use the "playmaker" option to switch sides, that will work on certain plays. The line does start off poor, but the get better if you have patience. I haven't lost a game yet... came very close several times and my defense usually bails me out in those games... but the Bills are a viable option if you move players around and run the right plays. I use Dick Vermeil's playbook, by the way...

anybody been playing this game? i just got it recently and all i can say is BLEDSOE SUCKS in the game im sorry i just like keep trying to win with him but i cant well i dont know what i tis

i mean my defence is soooo dominating interception/sacks and yet when im on offence i cant move the ball and not even the running game

i made 2 transactions

i went and get the Center from Denver (dont remeber the name)

and i traded mcgahee to get rid of his salary

now im trying to get rid of bledsoe and start losman but the fans are pissed off at me in the game

what do i do???? im stuck with a 10 million qb that cant complete a pass

even when i simulate teh game he throws 3-4 interceptions

42279[/snapback]

The defense has been good at getting INTs and sacks, to an unrealistic degree, in Madden for the past 2 versions. Same with OL getting pancake blocks. I've had games where the OL will have 12-15 pancakes in ONE GAME!! And they say Madden is a realistic game? There is no such thing! They are trying to make it tougher to pass and do things like return kicks (which used to be a breeze not only in Madden, but in EA Sports' NCAA football games-my favorite- as well), but it still isn't realistic.

There is a petition against EA for the online problems they have been having. It's getting rather sad to tell you the truth.

They had a formation shift glitch which would cause the D Lineman to become exhausted. To counter it, EA shut off the fatigue COMPLETELY in the game.

So, you can run your back 50 times and he NEVER get tired. They are trying to say..."well it offsets it b/c the other guys don't get tired either."

I'm patiently waiting for GTA:San Andreas to come out....then this game will be traded in.

Something that has helped me is changing the fullback in the split back formation to McGahee. Throw to him in the flats. You will usually gain 6 yards and set up a long bomb to Moulds.

My main problems with the game is that I like to move the QB around in the pocket. When you do this with DB he'll throw an int or will be completely off target. I wondered if it was the way DB was programed or if it was me so I tried McNabb and poof easy victory. So IMO the programers of DB didn't have a very high opinion of his ability to complete a pass unless he is planted.

Just my 2 cents.

For any of you who use the PC version and are having trouble attaining "realism" (relative term , I know), or didn't realize that the game is fully customizeable to fit your personal needs for realism, there are plenty of sliders/ AI settings in the game to accomplish this with. Here is a REAL good place to start learning about how these adjustments affect your game:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

I finally have my AI adjustments set for MAdden 2005 PC after some in-game testing. I have since played three games (12 min quarters, accelerated clock, Pro level) and came out with some very realistic stats. These are the scores from the games played (stats not included sorry):

(H) Chiefs 31 Colts 38

(H) Bills 17 Dolphins 9

(H) Panthers 20 Packers 27

Seriously check out that website. There is a lot of useful info there....

In my franchise I won a Super Bowl with Bledsoe (an impossibility). Dumped him the next year so that I could start Losman. I got rid of McGahee and kept Travis Henry. One thing I have found is if your player gets the status of NFL Icon it's almost like a curse to you. You can't get rid of him without a big dip in team morale and fan support. I made the mistake of trading Lawyer Milloy in my second year while he had the NFL Icon status and it took me two seasons to recover my locker room morale. Hell even another Super Bowl wasn't enough to do it.