An Open Letter to Bills Fans

The world has not imploded. You might like or dislike the current direction of this football team and the hiring of the new head coach but remember one thing is that You are Fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Yes fans can complain on internet message boards, fans can question the play calling, the draft choices, the hiring or firing of individuals but when Sept rolls around and we are loading into RWS remember you just like me our Bills Fans.

It has come to be a sad moment in sports when people can no longer feel safe or comfortable going to the games, posting opinions on a message board etc without being attacked, punched out, have beer thrown on them etc. Its time we grow up and start acting like humans again. I remmeber a few years back going to opening day against Atlanta and RJ was starting. I was amazed how polarized Bills nation had become evidence the many fights pre game between folks wearing 7's and those wearing 11's. I was amazed how the Aledged fans of the Buffalo Bills CHEERED when the starting QB that day was hurt.

Once again Bills nation is polarized nothing anyone of us does can change the fact that Marv is the GM, Raph is the owner and Jauron is our new HC. Its time to start letting the world know that once again we are Proud to be Buffalonians, or WNYrs, or Bills Fans. Its time to start by standing up and getting behind this team so we can attract free agents who want to play in buffalo because of its rich heritage, its GOOD and supportive fans and they want to help the rest of us get to that point of winning a Superbowl when each one of us will have an eternal grin that could never be taken from us.

I have been a Bills fan since as early as I can recall somewhere around the age of 4 during the glory years of the Bills in the AFL. I no longer live in WNY however I still bleed red, white and blue for the Bills. No Matter what happens with this team as long as they stay in Buffalo/WNY they will be MY TEAM.

Lets Go Buffalo, Lets Go Buffalo.

The world has not imploded. You might like or dislike the current direction of this football team and the hiring of the new head coach but remember one thing is that You are Fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Yes fans can complain on internet message boards, fans can question the play calling, the draft choices, the hiring or firing of individuals but when Sept rolls around and we are loading into RWS remember you just like me our Bills Fans.

It has come to be a sad moment in sports when people can no longer feel safe or comfortable going to the games, posting opinions on a message board etc without being attacked, punched out, have beer thrown on them etc. Its time we grow up and start acting like humans again. I remmeber a few years back going to opening day against Atlanta and RJ was starting. I was amazed how polarized Bills nation had become evidence the many fights pre game between folks wearing 7's and those wearing 11's. I was amazed how the Aledged fans of the Buffalo Bills CHEERED when the starting QB that day was hurt.

Once again Bills nation is polarized nothing anyone of us does can change the fact that Marv is the GM, Raph is the owner and Jauron is our new HC. Its time to start letting the world know that once again we are Proud to be Buffalonians, or WNYrs, or Bills Fans. Its time to start by standing up and getting behind this team so we can attract free agents who want to play in buffalo because of its rich heritage, its GOOD and supportive fans and they want to help the rest of us get to that point of winning a Superbowl when each one of us will have an eternal grin that could never be taken from us.

I have been a Bills fan since as early as I can recall somewhere around the age of 4 during the glory years of the Bills in the AFL. I no longer live in WNY however I still bleed red, white and blue for the Bills. No Matter what happens with this team as long as they stay in Buffalo/WNY they will be MY TEAM.

580765[/snapback]

I hear ya Raleigh. I will support this team although I was dissipointed Sherman didn't get the gig. I am in a state of confusion. One minute I think the DJ move is disasterous, then the next I think he may not be as bad as some here are saying and hope returns. Regardless, come September I will have the Bills cranked up on Directv and rooting them on. I used to go to most of the games in the 80s when we really sucked and had season tickets for most of the Kelly era before moving down here to eastern NC. I will always be a fan of this team. Hopefully DJ and ML can turn this thing around.

580765[/snapback]

right on . LETS GO BUFFALO

Dude, I also agree. As long as I can remember, I have been a true red, white and blue Bills fan and will always be. I have lived in NW Pennsylvania for over 15 years now and was called a band wagoner when the Bills were at their most recent prime, and have taken a lot of crap since. I always get the last laugh as Erie is still a Bills primary viewing area, While I can sit at home and watch all the away games, those slouches have to go to the bars with satelite. Is hiring DJ the end of the world? I think not! Look at all the devistation with Iraq, Hurricane Katrina ect.. and we are here bellyaching about who our new head coach is? Thanks for giving me a shot of reality. True Bills fans will remain true! Let's Go Buffalo and squish the fish! :devil: