From the Bears Message Board

OnTheRocks

Here's two inspiring posts from that thread:

BigSlick

"You'll get 2 years of crap, a fluke year were you go one-and-done, and then you'll get another 2 years of riding the coattails of that crappy year."

MikePhipps

"Well, I guess if Dave Wannestedt wasn't available then Jauron would be the next best thing."

Most of the posts just express pity, though. ;)

HOLY CRAP!! 

check out the video clip on post # 13! 

dude's on fire!

580573[/snapback]

I've seen a few people do that when I used to be a bartender. People, alcohol and fire never mix well.

What worries me is some of the comments that people had about Jauron.

SackMan  Today, 02:25 PM Post #42 

Get ready for and ultra conservative approach, verbal admittance that your coach knows nothing about offense, poor evaluation of the current talent on the roster (good football players will be mis-used), and shoddy game clock management.

Oh... and pray to the football gods that you hire an experienced offensive coordinator. 

Ultra conservative approach and bad clock management, two things that I'm really excited about. ;)

I think this is going to be a rough off season for Bills fans. I can only hope that we go nuts in FA and the draft.

What worries me is some of the comments that people had about Jauron.

Ultra conservative approach and bad clock management, two things that I'm really excited about. :devil:

I think this is going to be a rough off season for Bills fans. I can only hope that we go nuts in FA and the draft.

580650[/snapback]

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pessimistic about the talent level the Bills could have for 2006 even they do "go nuts in FA and the draft." First, look at the guys TD drafted, who have turned into proven starters:

- Evans

- McGahee

- Schobel

- Crowell

- Clements

- McGee

That's just six guys, none of whom has proven himself above average for a starter. Even throwing in a few UDFAs like Peters, and guys who might prove something next year (Losman, Everett, Preston) you're still not talking a whole lot of young talent.

That leaves all those free agents TD signed. The same veteran core that went 5-11 this year, and that will be a year older and slower come next season. Mainstays of the Bills' 31st ranked defense such as Milloy and Vincent are on their last legs, with players such as Coy Wire waiting in the wings to replace them. One of the defense's best young players--Nate Clements--may not be here next year. Eric Moulds may be released for salary cap reasons, to be replaced by someone like Sam Aiken. The cupboard is looking awfully empty, my friend.