I don't feel all that bad about jauron now

Corp000085

SAM Wyche will not be the OC. The guy has heath problems that will keep him from being promoted to a position were he will have to do alot more talking and alot more work.

580464[/snapback]

Wyche said in midseason this past year that he would entertain the idea of being a head coach again. That, to me, clearly states he feels he has the capability to run an offense again.

My one major reservation about making such a promotion is that sam was there last year when the offensive play calling was plain stupid. I was under the impression that Sam was brought in to mentor MM as much as any QB. IMHO, Sam failed MM.

That was the story when he came here, but that's not been the latest speculation around NFL circles that have suggested Wyche would, in fact, be able to take over the position if it were offered. Who knows what the situation really is, I, like everyone else just go by the media reports and rumors we get, but apparently his vocal situation isn't something that would hamper him from taking on the role as previously thought.

580470[/snapback]

Well we know, because of that terrible joke that Ralph told to kick off the press conference, that Sam Wyche was in the building and obviously on great terms with both Marv and Ralph. Methinks that joke would have made sense with Wyche telling it. ;)

But, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Wyche gets promoted to OC...I bet its already been discussed with Jauron (and lets face it, would Dick turn down a chance to have an ex-Coach of the Year and offensive mastermind run the offense for him? The guy went to Yale! He aint no dummy!)

SAM Wyche will not be the OC. The guy has heath problems that will keep him from being promoted to a position were he will have to do alot more talking and alot more work.

580464[/snapback]

Sam Wyche OC

Jerry Gray DC

Sam Wyche OC

Jerry Gray DC

580487[/snapback]

I could see this happening. Gray doesn't exactly have anyhing else lined up and most of the coordinator posts are filling up.

Jauron, Wyche, Gray and April > MM, Clements, Gray and April IMO.

Also, "Wasn't it nice to actually listen to a guy that could formulate a sentence without having to think about it? The man actually spoke in complete sentences and he was easy to understand!!! "

^Agree completly. I was thinking this the whole time during the press conference, Jauron didn't say much, but he spoke well for himself.

Listen, hiring sherman over jauron would not have automatically made the bills the AFC champions next year.  Hiring jauron over sherman will not automatically make the bills the #1 draft pick next year either.  I'll give this guy a fair shake heading into next season.  I'm interested in who he brings in on the offensive side of the ball.  I've got a feeling it will be sam wyche though.  In the press conference, DJ did not come out and make stupid comments like GW did, or sound like an idiot like MM did.  He said that hte fans will be passionate when the bills win (true), he knows how to take the heat from the fanbase, and he'll try his best to produce a winner.  What more can you ask of the guy?  I think DJ is an upgrade over MM, and depending on whom he hires as his coordinators and how well the players like DJ, the bills could be decent next year.

580354[/snapback]

i have no time right now to read this entire thread but i too will hold off any criricism of this hire until i see who he brings as assistants.

Man, I'm actually quite suprised at the level of animosity toward Jauron. Of all the candidates we interviewed when we hired MM, I thought he was the 2nd best one (after Weis), and would have been thrilled if we had hired him.

I was ambivalent between him and Sherman. I'm just glad they went with an experienced guy. I think Dick Jauron will be a good choice. I believe he will have learned from his mistakes and will be a decent head coach. I just hope we get an experienced OC/DC.

I wish I could agree with this.  It's a very marginal difference either way.

580703[/snapback]

I'm basing this on the fact that Wyche is on offensive genius. And Jauron seems to not be A) a moron or B)someone who will quit when things get tough. In the end Mularky turned out to be as big of a quiter as the team he coahed. After seeing the way he bowed out, I am glad to have anyone else as the coach.

The only thing I was really hoping for at this press conference was for Dick to pull a Lovie (oh man, that just sounds WRONG) and declare that our #1 goal will be to beat New England at all costs.

Well we know, because of that terrible joke that Ralph told to kick off the press conference, that Sam Wyche was in the building and obviously on great terms with both Marv and Ralph.  Methinks that joke would have made sense with Wyche telling it.  :devil:

580483[/snapback]

It was a bit unnerving when RW looked to someone off camera AFTER the joke and asked, it IS monday, isn't it? :devil:

Welcome to the Monkey House.